3.7 Room Size Requirements

berni

Re: 3.7 Room Size Requirements
« Reply #20 on: 31 Dec 2011, 08:09 am »
Steve,
I like what I hear, and I hope you also!
You can't go further then 52", then your rooms becomes to short?
Did you try to listen from the oppostite direction just fot fun? If you didn't, the life of the mouse is still in danger for a day. :roll:
For the stands, the original ones are really to climsy, they dont give the support the speaker should need, either not to swing, to be solid or to be easily and safely  moved around. I made custom ones for my 20.1,the change was more then significant. I had problems with bass and lower midrage before in my pretty big room.
Everything mentioned is now in order, even my 16months old boy can now safely sit on the xo behind the speakers, while it is supported by the new stands. :thumb:
look here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=100547.0
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2011, 10:58 am by berni »

Rclark

« Reply #21 on: 31 Dec 2011, 08:46 am »
Screw this I wanna see Berni eat a mouse!  :green:

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #22 on: 31 Dec 2011, 12:07 pm »
This has kind of strayed off topic but, well, okay, but only because Berni is such a distinguished looking gentleman.

Yeah, the room would be too short to drag them out much further.
Plus I don't live alone and it only took about 2 seconds for Lynda to notice "the speakers appear to be further out in the room" so one must tread lightly when mama bear shows signs of agitation!  Dangerous when provoked if you know what I mean.
I have the 1.7s about 6 1/2' out from the front wall which perks them up. 

davkj

« Reply #23 on: 1 Jan 2012, 01:39 am »
Thanks everyone for your input and the good news.  The dealer is getting his 3.7's in the middle of January so I'll pay them a visit when the come in.