Bryston website up

drummermitchell

Bryston website up
« on: 3 Dec 2011, 03:48 am »
Just checked it out,I think I need glasses as it seems quite small,either that or my computers giving me grief,I'll try again :scratch:..

srb

Re: Bryston website up
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2011, 04:32 am »
It's a little small but there are also a number of other websites that I feel need to be viewed at 125% for that reason.  Unfortunately (for now) I will have to go to the Audio Advisor website if I want to see large detailed photos of Bryston gear.  I clicked on a number of photos of some different models and the all of the photos that opened up in a new window were exactly the same size as the link photo for some reason.

Steve

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2011, 04:32 am »
I think it looks great.  Easy to navigate.  You go to the list of dealers and its right there.  Sometimes I go to websites and they have so much junk on it it is a turn off

SoundGame

« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2011, 05:04 am »
I like it.  I use a widescreen format 22" monitor and find some websites take more real estate on screen then others.  The new Bryston site is standard - not big and not small - definitely not widescreen adjusting.  That said, it is easy to find information - well organized.  I think high-definition - larger images of product plus perhaps some birthday-suit shots would be great.  Neat to see the SST/2 schematics up and some colour in the diagrams.

What I wish there was, was a screen that showed an amp side-by-side comparision - power, connections, specifications, size etc.  The same goes for preamps.  And if that side-by-side comparison screen could be printable - this is always something that could be added to this site.

Still would like to see a link to the partner sites like AudioCircle etc.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2011, 09:35 am »
...finally it's there :thumb:

al.

spinner

« Reply #5 on: 3 Dec 2011, 09:48 am »
  Very nice. Looks great and easy to use. Thanks...... :thumb:

Warren_Buff

« Reply #6 on: 3 Dec 2011, 10:58 am »
First of all: I think the new site is a great improvement.

When it comes to the pictures of the gear, they should have been in high resolution and big pictures should have been available when clicking on them (by zooming the existing pictures in your browser, you will see that their resolution is low).

The below pictures are the of the size I would have wanted to see them when clicked on (the pics are of the 28B SST2):

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #7 on: 3 Dec 2011, 12:01 pm »
Hi Folks,

Yes please give us feedback as we can massage the site as we go.

james

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #8 on: 3 Dec 2011, 12:13 pm »
Hi James,

Vast improvement, many congratulations!

Bob

Alpha10

« Reply #9 on: 3 Dec 2011, 02:17 pm »
Hi James, that is much better, congratulations, do you intend to start putting some newer articles and release info under the 'news' tab as most of what is there is very old/out of date?

:thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 3 Dec 2011, 02:18 pm »
Hi James, that is much better, congratulations, do you intend to start putting some newer articles and release info under the 'news' tab as most of what is there is very old/out of date?

:thumb:

YES :thumb:

james

sfraser

« Reply #11 on: 3 Dec 2011, 04:58 pm »
looks Good!

Nothing like a brand new coat of paint!  ( :cry:...which is what i will be doing to our house over the holidays).

Never realised before that the pro models of the amps have such a different face plate. Cool!

ralph1950

« Reply #12 on: 3 Dec 2011, 06:09 pm »
Looks good James.  Colorful.  One thing though, can you use more of the available space on the page?  Larger?  Wider?
Maybe a larger view (close up)  of ther product when clicked on?  Just  an idea.  Otherwise, I think it is an overall improvement.

One other thing I noticed is that the black amps are hard to see with the black background.  I suggest maybe a lighter grey background.

PRELUDE

« Reply #13 on: 3 Dec 2011, 06:37 pm »
Finally and Looks great :thumb:

alexone

« Reply #14 on: 3 Dec 2011, 11:00 pm »
James,

the new website says that the BDP-1 and the SP2 have the BR2 remote control included... :scratch:

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #15 on: 4 Dec 2011, 02:10 am »
James,

the new website says that the BDP-1 and the SP2 have the BR2 remote control included... :scratch:

al.

hi Alex,

OK thanks will pass that to the webmaster.

james

alexone

« Reply #16 on: 4 Dec 2011, 11:53 am »
...another one, James:

the sentence "Independent analog and digital power supplies" appears two times (BCD-1).

al.

Marius

« Reply #17 on: 4 Dec 2011, 12:14 pm »
Hi James,

Great looking site you made. Congrats! (could be a bit bigger for my displays, but thats been said before)

Only this: there's no "like" button! is't still a bit 1.0, could be using the 2.0 techniques more to Brystons advantage.

Marius

ps the 's' after player and converter etc indicate future models.....?

ps 2 maybe the tab-title should be changed into "Bryston: music for a generation" instead of being "limited":

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 4 Dec 2011, 12:18 pm »
Hi James,

Great looking site you made. Congrats! (could be a bit bigger for my displays, but thats been said before)

Only this: there's no "like" button! is't still a bit 1.0, could be using the 2.0 techniques more to Brystons advantage.

Marius

ps the 's' after player and converter etc indicate future models.....?

ps 2 the tab-title should maybe be chaged to "Bryston: music for a generation" instead of being "limited":

No the S is just there I think as an oversight.

james

terrycym

« Reply #19 on: 4 Dec 2011, 03:55 pm »
I was expecting to see latest firmware versions for such as BDP-1 as promised by James earlier but all it says is to send an email.
This information was rather hidden away though and I almost gave up looking for it