Bryston website up

terrycym

Re: Bryston website up
« Reply #20 on: 4 Dec 2011, 04:03 pm »
When browsing amplifiers for example, you see a list of model numbers on the left hand side, which doesn't mean too much to a newcomer to Bryston.
So you select one, at random, to. See that it's not necessarily what you're looking for so you look for another Bryston amp but you find that the amp menu gas collapsed on the left hand side so you have to frustratingly expand it again.

I didn't see the headphone amp there either

The news section looked rather out of date With no new activity for over 15 months. doesn't give the impression of a company with much new going on

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #21 on: 4 Dec 2011, 04:10 pm »
Ya we probably should not have put it up till all the new stuff was loaded.

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #22 on: 4 Dec 2011, 08:09 pm »
 James ,the page is glorious . I would like to suggest that maybe all products could give us a flip view between black and silver front plates . I believe Sim Audio has this on their page. Anyway love the new look. Thanks. :angel:

Joe Keifer

« Reply #23 on: 4 Dec 2011, 09:08 pm »
It's sexy James!

skunark

« Reply #24 on: 5 Dec 2011, 01:05 am »
Great look but not a fan of the interaction.

1) Product sidebar collapse after I select a product.  Really annoying.
2) Unable to compare two or more products or even have a description on a range of products.
-- If i'm shopping for 2 channel amps, there's no easy way to find this.  Same goes for mono blocks or multi-channel amps, this should be overhauled, IMO
3) Not all products have pictures, and pictures need to have a much higher resolution.   All products should have front and rear view at a minimum, angle views are cute.  It would be nice to have one more picture pairing the product to complete a system, I would rather see that then angle views.   I should also be able to select black or silver views for all photos.
4) If i select technical details, I would expect to see technical details for the product i'm viewing... not a table of your entire product line, I assume your target is a new customer and not a sales rep.
5) Way to many clicks to bring up a product page.

I think new customers will find the site very click intensive.

JBLMVBC

« Reply #25 on: 5 Dec 2011, 02:36 am »
I liked it, informative and no nonsense. Shunark may have a few points there but it's minor.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #26 on: 5 Dec 2011, 04:36 am »
...i agree with Skunark's last input!

al.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #27 on: 5 Dec 2011, 08:17 am »
Good, solid website.

1ZIP

« Reply #28 on: 5 Dec 2011, 06:10 pm »
Great improvement! 

But:

Are AES/EBU & XLR cables identical...because the photos look to be identical?

When clicking on "Browse technical documents" from cables it does indeed take you to the documents...but then there is no technical info on cables.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #29 on: 6 Dec 2011, 11:35 am »
James,

regarding the BDA-1 synchronous upsampling: it's 176.4 and not 171.4 khz...

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #30 on: 6 Dec 2011, 11:47 am »
Sent: December-06-11 1:39 AM
To: James Tanner
Subject: New website

James,

What a beautiful professional website, plus simply user friendly at that. Wonderful!
•   The newsletters are still available to reference, outstanding!
•   The colour choices and the product pictures are really top notch they reflect the sophistication of Bryston products, a classy company,  its special people.
•   The manner of short description about a product, accompanied by its photo, that is very informative and very useful.
Heck add just pleasant, audiophile, audio professional enjoyable!

Bravo to all involved,

Richard Martel
CBC & Radio-Canada
retired from Radio, but the theater-of-the mind still lives in this audiophile ... many thanks to Bryston sound!

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #31 on: 10 Dec 2011, 02:50 pm »
VERY much missing is a custom Bryston 404 page.
If this would include a sitemap with the layout of the new site it would be quite helpful to visitors that arrive via an outdated link through a search engine or link in an article.

rmurray

« Reply #32 on: 10 Dec 2011, 05:00 pm »
  Really enjoyed the "Clients" list. It's great to see Bryston in so many places . When someone asks me what is Bryston I can refer them to this part of the webpage.  :D

klao

« Reply #33 on: 23 Dec 2011, 06:24 pm »
Hi James,

I just downloaded the latest manual of the 7B-SST2 and found possible error on page 4 regarding power consumption 1,980W at 900W output into 8 [?] Ohms.

Klao

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #34 on: 23 Dec 2011, 06:42 pm »
Hi James,

I just downloaded the latest manual of the 7B-SST2 and found possible error on page 4 regarding power consumption 1,980W at 900W output into 8 [?] Ohms.

Klao

Thanks I will check that out.

James

Daniel Datchev

« Reply #35 on: 23 Dec 2011, 09:22 pm »
Hi  James,
I made quick check and what is power consuption and heat dissipation are the same in 7B-SST and 14B-SST manuals.

klao

« Reply #36 on: 6 Jan 2012, 08:55 pm »
On Bryston website:  XLR audio cable product fearuting Van Damme Tour Grade Classic EKE microphone cable.

I couldn't find info on Van Damme's website for such cable.  There is a Tour Grade Classic XKE Starquad microphone cable, however.

Are they offering different/newer model that what you use for Bryston?

klao

« Reply #37 on: 15 Jan 2012, 08:51 pm »
While I'm fatasizing changing my order (and pending delivery) on the Magnepan 3.7 to the 20.7, I thought I might need the 28B-SST2 to drive the new Maggie flagship instead of my 7B-SST2 amps.  :green:

Just checked the 28B specs in the pdf manual on the website to make sure that my preamp can drive them; I found its power output is only 900W in 4 Ohms.  Supposed to be 1,900 Watts, I believe?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #38 on: 15 Jan 2012, 09:06 pm »
While I'm fatasizing changing my order (and pending delivery) on the Magnepan 3.7 to the 20.7, I thought I might need the 28B-SST2 to drive the new Maggie flagship instead of my 7B-SST2 amps.  :green:

Just checked the 28B specs in the pdf manual on the website to make sure that my preamp can drive them; I found its power output is only 900W in 4 Ohms.  Supposed to be 1,900 Watts, I believe?

Correct - typo :duh:

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #39 on: 16 Jan 2012, 12:10 am »
oops............ :slap:... Welcome back to sunny Canada James........ :thumb: