Poeple Listen up

2 channel man

Poeple Listen up
« on: 17 Nov 2011, 07:41 pm »
I have been on this board a while and read alot of posts . I keep reading ones like below in which the post asks for Bryston to bring out a new product , in the case of the post below it's speakers . Unless I am wrong I believe Bryston is still privately owned I hope that is correct . Keep it up boys let them get too thin and need investors , thus go public and guess what ? you get your speakers and a nifty Bryston wrist watch with built in mp3 player and GPS  oh and a highly coveted Kermit the frog edition 3B to . Except it will all be made in China ! . Thats what happens to companies that have lineups with too many models , they need cash and sell shares , and the share holders go why the hell would I pay you $$ when I can get it made over there for a fraction of that ?

Just be Damn careful what you wish for please .

srb

Re: People Listen up
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2011, 08:15 pm »
People Listen Up ?

I wish that Bryston would make a digitally controlled espresso machine in a choice of silver or black aluminum with green display.  And I'm being damn careful when I say that.

Steve

won ton on

Re: Poeple Listen up
« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2011, 08:19 pm »
the old be carefull what you wish for

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2011, 08:20 pm »
This post is.... Wow.  :duh:

Teyry

« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2011, 12:23 pm »
People Listen Up ?

I wish that Bryston would make a digitally controlled espresso machine in a choice of silver or black aluminum with green display.  And I'm being damn careful when I say that.

Steve
i'll special order mine with blue lights   :D ... will have to sell my Saeco on espressogon

SoundGame

« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2011, 03:51 am »
People Listen Up ?

Steve

As long as it comes with the BR2 standard - I'm in! :thumb:

ralph1950

« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2011, 04:25 pm »
I try to avoid China made products as much as I can.  I have tools from countries such as Spain, Italy,Germany, Israel, and a few other things from Euro countries, and Mexico.  Oh!  And our Brothers from Canada!  And don't let me forget Japan.....Those countries make some excellent products and treat the work force with respect.  (usually)  I feel bad for the hard working people in some of the Commie countries and try not to support their regime with my dollars. (which are not worth as much as they use to be)  :o

I hope I did not open the much avoided political door.  If so, apologizese!

GaryArthur

« Reply #7 on: 19 Nov 2011, 07:28 pm »
I try to avoid China made products as much as I can.  I have tools from countries such as Spain, Italy,Germany, Israel, and a few other things from Euro countries, and Mexico.  Oh!  And our Brothers from Canada!  And don't let me forget Japan.....Those countries make some excellent products and treat the work force with respect.  (usually)  I feel bad for the hard working people in some of the Commie countries and try not to support their regime with my dollars. (which are not worth as much as they use to be)  :o

I realise this is not a political forum but allow me to make a modest reply.

Nothing is ever as simple as it seems when viewed narrowly from afar. I first traveled to China in 1992 (three years after the Tiananmen Square Massacre). They were just getting started on their current road that brought some level of free market capitalism. The per capita income was $350. I built a small factory in Shanghai in the mid 1990's and we hired approximately 50 employees. It was a good, smart, hard working crew but they were all poor and none of them even owned a car. We sold this factory in 2003 to another American company. I was in China earlier this year and stopped by my first Chinese business for a short visit. Most of my original crew were still there. They were not exploited but instead had been given an opportunity to grow. Eleven of the original 50 now own cars and 18 own homes. In 2008 the per capita income in China had risen to $3180 and is projected to reach $8500 by 2020. Yes there are negatives associated with this growth, however, it has been estimated that as many as 200,000,000 Chinese have been lifted out of poverty in the past few decades and I would like to think that in a very small way I had something to do with that. 

Note: As I wrote this I was listening to a Thai band called K-Otic on my Los Angeles System consisting of Oppo BDP-95 > Bryston 26b/MPS-2 > 2 X Bryston 7B-SST > Pioneer S-1EX speakers. The sound is very nice and the speakers were manufactured.... in China.

Regards,
Gary

ralph1950

« Reply #8 on: 19 Nov 2011, 09:17 pm »
I know, the people of China are probably good folks  like all countries.  And the country looks beautiful.  what I meant is the regime and the cruelty of the political goals.
But thanks for your reply.  Enough said!  Have a good day!

2 channel man

« Reply #9 on: 20 Nov 2011, 07:05 am »
My gripe has nothing to do with China or the Chinese it is to do with what happens to a company when the line up gets so big they can't finance it anymore . Yes that sort of thing happens . I read posts for this and that , speakers , gold faceplates , meters , special editions . I seem to think Bryston is now making or will be making headphone amps , is there a big market for high end headphone amps? really? . I want Bryston to stay a healthy hi fi company even if it means not having 63 models in the line up

Teyry

« Reply #10 on: 20 Nov 2011, 11:18 am »
  I find it hard to believe anyone actually wants Bryston to develop a digitally controlled espresso machine.
  I find it even harder to believe that anyone would think that Bryston would consider this more than just a bit of humor.
  Maybe a combination receiver/coffee maker with a built in speaker so that I could listen in my kitchen :lol:
  I don't know about anyone else but i'm liking this.

Really now, maybe the people at Bryston should lock themselves in a box and not listen to their customers or potential customers. I think that Bryston makes probably the most accurate line of audio products in the business and I don't feel they are going to stray from that anytime soon. If someone wants a meter on the front of their amp (Pass Labs/Treshold/Dan Agostino) or a cosmetic facelift 50th anniversary option they should have the right to ask. I don't believe it was really that long ago that Bryston had a little cosmetic surgery done and went from the ST to the SST and then to the SST2 which included some work on the insides that I don't hear anyone complaining about.
  So if a Bryston owner wants a headphone amp, speakers, subwoofer, HT bypass on your preamp, blue meters, maybe even those flashing meters that jump up and down,,,just ask, you may or may not receive. But if someone asks for an espresso machine just laugh  :lol: ,it's all in good fun.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #11 on: 20 Nov 2011, 12:40 pm »
Yes there is some tendency to move into other categories of audio products as a specialty  audio company. As tempting as that may be I think you have to be careful you do not loose sight of what made your company viable in the first place.

A good example for us is my decision to get into digital products which my partners did not want to do. A bad example is our dealers wanted us to build a lower cost and lower performace secondary line of Bryston products to compete with NAD, Rotel etc.

James

DaveNote

• Without music, life would be a mistake. Nietzsche
« Reply #12 on: 20 Nov 2011, 02:50 pm »
Yes there is some tendency to move into other categories of audio products as a specialty  audio company. As tempting as that may be I think you have to be careful you do not loose sight of what made your company viable in the first place.

A good example for us is my decision to get into digital products which my partners did not want to do. A bad example is our dealers wanted us to build a lower cost and lower performace secondary line of Bryston products to compete with NAD, Rotel etc.

James

James, a heartening and expected comment showing Bryston's long-term wisdom. Compare this to the "Bryston Way."

Years ago, I bought a Roku M2000 SoundBridge digital player. It was relatively expensive when I made the purchase, and did a good job for what I wanted, which was to move from CDs to pure digitial music playing. But Roku decided to sell to the mass market. In a fairly short time, they were selling through Best Buy, stopped supporting the M2000, and now, I believe, are out of digital players altogether and have stuck to very cheap media interfaces. In short, rolling the dice on the mass market has the potential of making zillions (Apple), but the percentages are that it is more likely to result in a small company that is bought, is killed, or is compromised into making cheap, crappy products.

The Bryston Way no doubt is slower, and surely hasn't resulted in its owners becoming billionaires, but because of it Bryston has retained its integrity, has continued to make world class products, has earned the loyalty of its customers, and it has not lost its soul.

Dave
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2011, 07:03 pm by DaveNote »

spinner

« Reply #13 on: 20 Nov 2011, 05:28 pm »
  Very well put............ :thumb:

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #14 on: 23 Sep 2012, 04:33 pm »
"... Yes there are negatives associated with this growth, however, it has been estimated that as many as 200,000,000 Chinese have been lifted out of poverty in the past few decades and I would like to think that in a very small way I had something to do with that. "

Regards,
Gary

It is also ironic that poverty levels are dramatically increasing in Western Societies, perhaps you can also think, "in a very small way" you had something to do with this.

Be well...

PRELUDE

« Reply #15 on: 23 Sep 2012, 05:12 pm »

I would love to see some of your tools that you bought from Israel.I hope it is not an Uzi. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PRELUDE

« Reply #16 on: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33 pm »
    Bryston is now making or will be making headphone amps , is there a big market for high end headphone amps? really? . I want Bryston to stay a healthy hi fi company even if it means not having 63 models in the line up
If you go out there and ask people you will find out quickly that the headphone amp market is hot now for some reasons or another.
NOTE:I was thinking just like you 2 years ago and I do not use headphone.

mkaiser

« Reply #17 on: 23 Sep 2012, 05:59 pm »
Gee, at least the OP could have spelled "People" correctly.... i wonder what tribe he was trying to communicate his rant too?  :lol:

PRELUDE

« Reply #18 on: 23 Sep 2012, 06:19 pm »
Gee, at least the OP could have spelled "People" correctly.... i wonder what tribe he was trying to communicate his rant too?  :lol:
:lol: :lol: :thumb:

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #19 on: 23 Sep 2012, 08:28 pm »
  I don't wish to open up the can of political worms again....but, someone mentioned to me the other day that many Asian producers of parts and products are controlled  by  their North  American  employers.! China can certainly make great stuff if they are given adequate financial support from this end . Too often corners are cut on purpose and there is no choice but offer cheaper solutions. Any way it's a possible cause  for the "bad press" they always get. :bawl: .........................   P.S.   Will that  Bryston coffee pot come with a remote ? :fishing: