Poeple Listen up

Stu Pitt

Re: Poeple Listen up
« Reply #20 on: 25 Sep 2012, 02:57 am »
As far as not understanding why Bryston would enter the headphone amp market goes, the headphone market is probably the only audiophile segment showing any growth.  While traditional hifi companies are closing their doors everyday, new headphone companies are springing up.  This isn't a cheap junk segment, but a genuinely hifi segment.

Audiophiles are dying, not multiplying.  The high-end headphone segment is multiplying quickly.  It would be stupid for a company who already makes rock solid audio products to not invest a bit into this area.  Bryston's enter acne into it wasn't a gamble that holds the future of the company; it merely looks like a very caclulated and small risk.

As for Kermit the Frog editions of stuff, the Muppets aren't what they used to be.  They're pretty much gone.  My 2 year old daughter is a huge Elmo and Abby Cadabby (Sesame Street characters) fan.  I'd love an Elmo edition B60 for her.  As it stands currently, her music gets played through my B60 at least as much as mine does.  The Elmo edition B60 would encourage her to do a great thing - learn how to use the stereo properly and listen to the music she loves to run around and dance to.  Hopefully I'm not the only Bryston owner with young children!

James -
How about an Elmo version of the B60?  Maybe put the B60 into the B135's chassis so the faceplate can better accommodate an Elmo face.  I think the B135 would have too much power for the little ones, but the B60's output would be great for little ones while giving them room to grow.  I can see the faceplate painted red with the big white eyes and orange nose.  Engrave Elmo's signature on it too.  Or maybe keep the B60's current chassis - paint the faceplate red with Elmo's signature etched into it, and have Elmo painted on the top of the case.  Or maybe the faceplate would have Sesame Street's green, yellow and whilte colors, sesame street logo engraved, and a group picture of the characters painted on the top of the case.

A ton of Bryston owners would probably buy one for their kids, grand kids, great-grand kids, etc.  I thought I saw a pic of you with your grandson a short while back.  How do you think he'd feel about it?

Or maybe I'll just have someone paint an Elmo onto mine.  Would that void the warranty?

All in fun, of course!