Mike Lundy for cabinets and completed speakers

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: Mike Lundy for cabinets and completed speakers
« Reply #60 on: 28 May 2022, 01:22 am »
Oh boy, Mike, you’re rolling now. I bet you’re not gonna miss that Cottonwood, I mowed the lawn in a cottonwood snowstorm today. No love for those things.
As you know, I also bought a Shopsabre and have been pleased both with the machine and the tech help, although I haven’t used it much. Vacuum hold down is the coolest thing ever.
How big is the shop gonna be?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: Mike Lundy for cabinets and completed speakers
« Reply #61 on: 28 May 2022, 01:41 am »
Oh boy, Mike, you’re rolling now. I bet you’re not gonna miss that Cottonwood, I mowed the lawn in a cottonwood snowstorm today. No love for those things.
As you know, I also bought a Shopsabre and have been pleased both with the machine and the tech help, although I haven’t used it much. Vacuum hold down is the coolest thing ever.
How big is the shop gonna be?

30’x30’x9’. I will also continue to use the garage but only for tasks that don’t make sawdust or fumes.

I may well be asking you questions. Unlike yours, mine will have manual tool changes. While the width of a piece is limited to 30”, by tilling the toolpaths and indexing the part the length is not restricted to 40”. It can be as long as needed. It will just require more tooling changes than if the bed was long enough to cut the part with one setup.

That was only one cottnwood. There are three more larger ones in the back yard 🙁