I bet I can make your speakers sound better.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: I bet I can make your speakers sound better.
« Reply #360 on: 2 Aug 2022, 08:44 pm »
Audyn, Jantzen and Solen are some good alternatives on a budget, with Mundorf Evo caps are also pretty good as well. Then Sonicaps in $30-50 range for great clarity and detail, and then Miflex or Jupiter copper caps and VCap ODAMs being killer at the top end price of of things, depending on the "flavor" / tone you want from them.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #361 on: 3 Aug 2022, 12:38 am »
I will probably try some Jantzen and the new Obbligato Gold Ultra premium caps.  I need 15 and 22uf caps at minimum 250v.  And they can't be huge.

RAART

« Reply #362 on: 13 Aug 2022, 05:59 pm »
Thank you for reply.

I just didn't realize that someone responded here (new to this forum) as I was thinking I will get email alert. Anyway I will think about that no-res option as well but still curious about upgrading the x-overs. I am not worried about the glued x-over since I can re-glue them after as well. In the past I have upgraded old Kef iQ30 and used hot glue after I put them back on the pegs. They are long gone now but I did enjoyed much better sound after the modification. I have upgraded everything with slightly changed x-over that I have received instructions from nice gent from UK (I think that he even worked for KEF since he had service manual with all schematics handy). I have ordered parts from Jantzen audio, custom made inductors, and some mundorf capacitors. Do not remember the brand I used to replace the resistors but the improvement was amazing. Totally transformed the speaker. I am still missing those but karma struck and they are gone. They got stolen when I was moving the household to another location. Never trust the "professional movers"...

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #363 on: 13 Aug 2022, 06:20 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle, RAART!

To receive email notification for new posts in any thread, press the ‘Notify’ button at the bottom of the page.