OB H-Frame / A370PEQ / HX800 amp Box Flat Packs / Finished Cabs

BrandonB

Re: OB H-Frame / A370PEQ / HX800 amp Box Flat Packs / Finished Cabs
« Reply #640 on: 17 Mar 2023, 02:03 am »
I can't recall   how  large  Noah's room is,  he may chime in...   the  guy in Thailand has  a room approx  30x20' I believe.
We also do    quads,  triples, adn the duals  and earlier in this thread,   we also have a modular  line  of  these .

jay
How many can you get in an 18x13 room.  I think I read somewhere but don't remember at what point do you need more than 1 amp per channel for the subs?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #641 on: 17 Mar 2023, 03:15 am »
How many can you get in an 18x13 room.  I think I read somewhere but don't remember at what point do you need more than 1 amp per channel for the subs?
They need either two A370 or one HX800 (per tower)
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2023, 04:19 am by Hobbsmeerkat »

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #642 on: 17 Mar 2023, 04:05 am »
Have my two modular 6x12 H-Frames in a 16' x 25' room and do well.  Running four HX300-12OB servo amps for the setup.   :thumb:

BrandonB

« Reply #643 on: 17 Mar 2023, 06:30 pm »
Have my two modular 6x12 H-Frames in a 16' x 25' room and do well.  Running four HX300-12OB servo amps for the setup.   :thumb:

How does that work.  Is it two triples stacked on each other?  Can you also tell me how it goes back to the preamp?

BrandonB

« Reply #644 on: 18 Mar 2023, 03:36 pm »
How does that work.  Is it two triples stacked on each other?  Can you also tell me how it goes back to the preamp?

I should have read a little further up because most of my questions are answered.

Captainhemo

« Reply #645 on: 18 Mar 2023, 05:46 pm »
I've run  two triple towers in a room that size although  I'm currently  running   duals.  Both work bery well..
You can u up to 3 of the  SW 12 16FR's on a single   amp so for  quads or  6  stacks, you  need to   use  either  an  HX 800  or  2 of the  A370 amps  per   tower...... if you  use the  SW12 08FR's,  you  can only  use  2  per   amp.  I always recommend  folks go with the  16's even if doing   duals,  it leaves  an upgrade  path.

And  again,   note,   these cabs  are  no longer   featured on the  GR Research site,  if you  want our  beefed up version      or  our modular version ( all shown in this  thread), you  need to    deal with us directly.  Have had  a  number  of folks   confused by this thinking  they were getting    these cabs  when ordering off the  site

jay
captainhemo at  shaw.ca

Jaytor

« Reply #646 on: 25 Jul 2023, 07:52 pm »
I went up to visit Jay (@Captainhemo) and Don (@Endo2112) up in Kelowna a couple weekends ago to pick up a new pair of woofer towers. We enjoyed a nice BBQ steak dinner and listening to some tunes on the Super-Sevens. Thanks for the hospitality!

Don had built a set of quad towers a while back and offered them to me for a good price. So I found a new home for my triples and had Don paint the quads to match my Line Forces.

I wired them up with Neotech solid core UP-OCC in PTFE. This turned out to be a bit of a pain because the towers were set up with the drivers facing both front and back. Trying to fish the 12ga wire through the tight turns necessary to go between the front and back was quite challenging. In hind-sight, I probably would have have used stranded wire.

I had two sheets of No-Rez left over from earlier projects, so ordered the other six sheets necessary to finish these. I had hoped to have everything done this past weekend, but my brand new Dewalt table saw stopped working after about 30 cuts. I have a replacement on the way, but it won't be here for another couple weeks. In the meantime, I'm listening to them without the No-Rez.

Each quad tower is driven by a Rythmik HX800 amplifier, which has two 400W amps, each of which is connected to a pair of servo woofers.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #647 on: 25 Jul 2023, 08:01 pm »
Jaytor...... :o ..... W O W

Absolutely state-of-the-art.

AlexH

« Reply #648 on: 25 Jul 2023, 08:30 pm »
WOW! 8)

Early B.

« Reply #649 on: 25 Jul 2023, 10:01 pm »
Jaytor -- any sonic differences between the triples and quads that you've noticed so far?

Jaytor

« Reply #650 on: 26 Jul 2023, 12:18 am »
Jaytor -- any sonic differences between the triples and quads that you've noticed so far?
I haven't had a chance to get them dialed in yet. I am going to wait until I get the NoRez installed before I pull out my calibrated mike and Room EQ Wizard to get them properly set up. But even with no adjustments other than the most basic, they are sounding very nice.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #651 on: 26 Jul 2023, 01:24 am »
Very sweet and envy provoking even though there is no way to fit that setup in my room I can always dream of remodeling say adding dormers or just making a second floor over the garage. Then I'd have room for them  :green: :thumb:

rinzzlr

« Reply #652 on: 26 Jul 2023, 04:01 am »
I went up to visit Jay (@Captainhemo) and Don (@Endo2112) …..
  Looks great. For the No Res are you planning to miter or straight cut?

Jaytor

« Reply #653 on: 26 Jul 2023, 04:10 am »
  Looks great. For the No Res are you planning to miter or straight cut?
I'm planning to use a 45 degree miter on each of the four sides of each piece.

rinzzlr

« Reply #654 on: 26 Jul 2023, 06:15 pm »
I'm planning to use a 45 degree miter on each of the four sides of each piece.
Nice. Which blade will you be using with your table saw?

Jaytor

« Reply #655 on: 26 Jul 2023, 06:19 pm »
Nice. Which blade will you be using with your table saw?
I used the stock blade that came on the Dewalt Jobsite saw - 24 tooth, 8 1/4" . The cuts I was able to do look great - very clean and smooth. NoRez is not hard to saw through.

rinzzlr

« Reply #656 on: 26 Jul 2023, 06:28 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2023, 08:10 am by rinzzlr »

Jaytor

« Reply #657 on: 26 Jul 2023, 06:34 pm »
Good to know. I’m going to cutting No Res, for dual Double Trouble’s, NX-Otica’s and NX Studio’s soon. debating on table saw or band saw.. currently own neither. Leaning towards a table saw.

Table saw is easier for straight cuts like you'll need for the subs and NX-Studios, as well as most of the pieces for the NX-Oticas.

Assuming you are going to apply NoRez to the upper wing, you'll need to cut the curve which is a lot easier on a band saw. But...you can do all the other cuts on a table saw and just trim the curve with a box cutter or possibly a small saber saw. I used a box cutter when i built my NX-Oticas.

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #658 on: 26 Jul 2023, 07:09 pm »
Table saw is easier for straight cuts like you'll need for the subs and NX-Studios, as well as most of the pieces for the NX-Oticas.

Assuming you are going to apply NoRez to the upper wing, you'll need to cut the curve which is a lot easier on a band saw. But...you can do all the other cuts on a table saw and just trim the curve with a box cutter or possibly a small saber saw. I used a box cutter when i built my NX-Oticas.

I have found that a hacksaw blade works very well for cutting straight cuts and curves as well if you dont have power equipment.

Wayne in Oregon

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #659 on: 26 Jul 2023, 07:17 pm »

Top ramp to NX-Studios is super easy to cut for. With a razor blade or x-acto knife just slice through the rubber part at the transition point but do not cut through the foam and it will give you a super clean seamless bend when viewed from up above. The foam will easily squish right at the transition.

Also Jay, that quad stack looks quite impressive. Not messing around there for full scale aural reenactment. And it still sounds better than the Roseland (but that's not saying much).