« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:49 pm by maty »

Tyson

Re: Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 07:01 pm »
Duplicate.

Tyson

« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 07:03 pm »
Well, this reminds me - I have a stock set of Klipsch Heresy III's in my upstairs system.... Kind of makes me want to drive down to Texas and have Danny work his magic on them....

And I just realized I have a 2 week break from work this year over Christmas.  Hmmmm....

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 07:07 pm »
Maty, please start a new topic post for unrelated or new material.

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 07:08 pm »
Well, this reminds me - I have a stock set of Klipsch Heresy III's in my upstairs system.... Kind of makes me want to drive down to Texas and have Danny work his magic on them....

And I just realized I have a 2 week break from work this year over Christmas.  Hmmmm....

Looks like you also have a room treatment project ahead of you as well.  :lol:

Tyson

« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 07:13 pm »
Looks like you also have a room treatment project ahead of you as well.  :lol:

Hah!  No doubt.  I just ordered a bunch of nice shag carpet and thick felt padding for the room, should be here in a week.  I'm also going to build some large acoustic panels to put on the wall, 3 inches thick, using recycled blue jeans material for absorption.  I've commissioned my daughter to put some custom artwork onto the panels.  Those might take a bit longer though...

maty

• Nauscopio Scipiorum
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 07:13 pm »
Deleted

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 09:37 pm »

I’ve owned an old pair of Klipsch Heresy II and they benefited considerably from adding No Rez to the unbraced cabinet, replacing the cheap pieces of internal foam with poly fill and of course, replacing the poor quality crossover components that came with it. 

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #28 on: Today at 12:02 am »
Danny, if we took a picture of our crossovers could you give us an idea of what we would need to upgrade all the parts? I can change out caps but the conductors I would have no idea what I would need.

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
« Reply #29 on: Today at 12:09 am »
Danny, if we took a picture of our crossovers could you give us an idea of what we would need to upgrade all the parts? I can change out caps but the conductors I would have no idea what I would need.

Yeah, you can e-mail me that.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #30 on: Today at 12:13 am »
Yeah, you can e-mail me that.

Ok great! I’m about to mod my Klipsch 396 speakers and when I do I want to upgrade the wiring inside and all the crossover parts. Thanks Danny