Hypex Ncore Amps Announced

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Hypex Ncore Amps Announced
« Reply #200 on: 24 Feb 2012, 01:01 am »
I'd like to suggest if you're going to copy and paste anyones writing that you should provide a link to it too. 

Rclark

« Reply #201 on: 24 Feb 2012, 01:03 am »
Its all the diyaudio thread.

*Scotty*

« Reply #202 on: 24 Feb 2012, 01:10 am »
But the question is which one?
Scotty

Rclark

« Reply #203 on: 24 Feb 2012, 01:13 am »
Very well, I'll go back and mark the pages. This thread here will surely be around for a while.

brj

« Reply #204 on: 24 Feb 2012, 01:16 am »
Its all the diyaudio thread.

From the AC Posting Guidelines:

Site Admin would like you to follow the following:

* Don't copy large amounts of text from other websites, just post a link! This is not just a copyright issue but also saves putting unnecessary load on our database and backup system.

earflappin

« Reply #205 on: 24 Feb 2012, 01:24 am »
I'd like to suggest if you're going to copy and paste anyones writing that you should provide a link to it too.

+1

Rclark

« Reply #206 on: 24 Feb 2012, 01:37 am »
 :oops:

Anyway.. JT any impressions yet?

*Scotty*

« Reply #207 on: 24 Feb 2012, 01:57 am »
I think I have found the thread Rclark is quoting from but there are 259 pages in the thread.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/190434-hypex-ncore-259.html
Where to start looking for Brunos posts on a specific aspect of the Ncore amps or his thoughts on audio in general is a problem. 
Links to the pages where you found a specific topic would be very helpful. I like to read the associated posts to get the context surrounding Bruno's comments.
Scotty

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
« Reply #208 on: 24 Feb 2012, 01:59 am »
Just ordered 3x NC400, 3x SMPS600...Hypex charges 5% for Paypal, 4% for CC...I chose direct international wire transfer for which my bank charges $40.

I'll select 3-ch or mono chassis after listening for differences between shorter/longer speaker cables.

All I can say is I'm glad I didn't purchase two stereo Quad Premiere Elite QSP amps as I had recently planned!   

yetis

« Reply #209 on: 24 Feb 2012, 02:56 am »
Seems to be a lot of case options...

Looks like there will be several NC1200 amps available eventually, other than offered by Theta:

"The companies who are developing NC1200 based products prefer to keep their projects under wraps because announcing new products before they're ready hurts the sales of their current line. I do believe the first NC1200 product will be shown at the CES."

How old is this? Is this CES, 2013!
If not, seems like they missed out   Though technically correct with the Theta mono bloacks. 
 If so, that seems like a missed opportunity. 

OzarkTom

« Reply #210 on: 24 Feb 2012, 03:01 am »
Just ordered 3x NC400, 3x SMPS600...Hypex charges 5% for Paypal, 4% for CC...I chose direct international wire transfer for which my bank charges $40.

I'll select 3-ch or mono chassis after listening for differences between shorter/longer speaker cables.

All I can say is I'm glad I didn't purchase two stereo Quad Premiere Elite QSP amps as I had recently planned!

How much are the amps by themselves?

Steidl Guitars

« Reply #211 on: 24 Feb 2012, 03:14 am »
How much are the amps by themselves?

It's all here:  https://www.hypexshop.com/

Each module is 325 euros.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #212 on: 24 Feb 2012, 04:27 am »
If you can live with 5-Ohm minimum rating, power 2x NC400 amp modules with one SMPS600 (double check this).

I chose one SMPS600 per amp because:

Speakers drop to 2.7 Ohms @ 200 Hz (though effective impedance is higher because of line-level high-pass crossover)
Actual sensitivity 87.5 dB/W/M
3000cf room
Loud is good

OzarkTom

« Reply #213 on: 24 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm »
One warning on the TBI amp before anyone shells out the $500.

I was breaking in some new speakers this week, decided to crank them up last night. The sound was very lean and dry. So bad, the sound quality was a 3-4 rating. I quickly put a tube integrated and the magic came back, but a lot of the detail was gone.

Frustrated, I hooked the TBI amp back up, this time cranking the volume up to the max, using the computer for volume control. Bingo, there was the detail and magic back. Now the sound was a strong 9.75 rating. The TBI was now much better than the tube integrated I used on these very revealing speakers. At low volumes on the TBI integrated volume control, you will definirely not like the sound.

I have some AMR audiophile fuses coming in next week, I will see what those will do to the sound.

*Scotty*

« Reply #214 on: 24 Feb 2012, 01:20 pm »
Tom, what very revealing speakers are you breaking in?
Scotty

fredgarvin

« Reply #215 on: 24 Feb 2012, 05:02 pm »
One warning on the TBI amp before anyone shells out the $500.

I was breaking in some new speakers this week, decided to crank them up last night. The sound was very lean and dry. So bad, the sound quality was a 3-4 rating. I quickly put a tube integrated and the magic came back, but a lot of the detail was gone.

Frustrated, I hooked the TBI amp back up, this time cranking the volume up to the max, using the computer for volume control. Bingo, there was the detail and magic back. Now the sound was a strong 9.75 rating. The TBI was now much better than the tube integrated I used on these very revealing speakers. At low volumes on the TBI integrated volume control, you will definirely not like the sound.

I have some AMR audiophile fuses coming in next week, I will see what those will do to the sound.
That's interesting Tom, I wonder if a neutral pre would work? But then I wouldn't want to shell out for one.

JDUBS

« Reply #216 on: 24 Feb 2012, 08:52 pm »
I think I have found the thread Rclark is quoting from but there are 259 pages in the thread.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/190434-hypex-ncore-259.html
Where to start looking for Brunos posts on a specific aspect of the Ncore amps or his thoughts on audio in general is a problem. 
Links to the pages where you found a specific topic would be very helpful. I like to read the associated posts to get the context surrounding Bruno's comments.
Scotty

I'd recommend against the constant quoting as it makes this entire thread incredibly annoying to attempt to read.  A link to the general DIY thread would be fine, imo.  If I want to read that thread, I can do so....very easily.

-Jim

*Scotty*

« Reply #217 on: 24 Feb 2012, 09:09 pm »
Jim, perhaps my post was not concise enough.
I was also asking for links only, as I also found wading through the
quotes a somewhat tedious process.
Scotty

JDUBS

« Reply #218 on: 24 Feb 2012, 09:16 pm »
Jim, perhaps my post was not concise enough.
I was also asking for links only, as I also found wading through the
quotes a somewhat tedious process.
Scotty

Scotty, you and I are on the same page.

-Jim

Rclark

« Reply #219 on: 24 Feb 2012, 11:16 pm »
Um, dude, I got the memo already, it's even right here on this very same page, but thanks for your input on the matter.