2011 NFL is Here!

Bigfish

Re: 2011 NFL is Here!
« Reply #680 on: 24 Jan 2012, 02:23 am »
I would like to congratulate the fans of the Patriots and of the Giants.  The games this weekend were exciting and full of suspense until the final plays.  Everything we have come to expect from NFL Playoff Football.  It was also great that the Refs let the players decide the games without throwing silly flags.  There are always some questionable plays/calls in the playoff games.  While the pass in the Ravens game was called incomplete by the Refs I believe that play should have been reviewed.  It was under 2 minutes so the coach could not challenge and he would have challenged had there been more than 2 minutes left in the game.  The call probably would not have been overturned but it would seem football officials have a responsibility to review plays as important to the outcome of the game as that one.  Think about it, the replay in the 49 vs. Giants game showed that the ball touched the knee of the receiver.  The ref had awarded the ball to the 49ers and had it not been reviewed it could have impacted the outcome of the game.  We have the technology so I am a fan of using it to ensure the calls are made correctly. 

The Superbowl has the potential to be an excellent football game.  A case can be made for either team.  Somehow, I do not think it will be a low scoring game!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #681 on: 24 Jan 2012, 02:46 am »
Somehow, I do not think it will be a low scoring game!

This morning the over-under was 53.  :thumb:

chip

« Reply #682 on: 24 Jan 2012, 02:54 am »
I think both games yesterday were both very exciting to watch just didn't like the results as both teams that should have one in the end didn't because of late mistakes in the game. San Fran was horrible on 3rd downs in the second half but tf they could have converted on some of those outcome would have been different for sure as there defense was on fire.
If the Giants/Pats play like they did yesterday it could be another low scoring superbowl like there last rematch.

soundbitten1

« Reply #683 on: 24 Jan 2012, 02:26 pm »
Scoreboard error rushed Ravens kicker?

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34546429

Harbaugh should have called time out.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #684 on: 3 Feb 2012, 06:30 am »
So, the big question now is . . what's gonna happen in the Super Bowl?  Ideas, anyone?  I have a big concern about New England.  Now is the time for Belachick to put the weight squarely on his shoulders and come up with a gameplan to help his QB cause Brady is starting to slip.  I think that shorter passes-and some running of the ball wouldn't hurt- will keep the pressure off Brady and eat up the clock.  Time of possession is a pretty large thing cause NE's defense has not been very effective.  NE's big tight end is hurt, so Welker and NE's other recievers need to be put into play big time, imo.  What you guys think?  Ladies, too?  I have to pick NY cause they have fewer weaknesses and are probably even more motivated. 

sts9fan

« Reply #685 on: 3 Feb 2012, 01:24 pm »
Gronk will play and he will be effective.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?