Odyssey in Ontario

mclsound

Re: Odyssey in Ontario
« Reply #80 on: 4 Jun 2007, 08:31 am »
is anyone familular with the ATOLL CD-100(demo at$600)thanks John

mclsound

« Reply #81 on: 5 Jun 2007, 10:19 pm »
just found out my new SE's are on the burn'in board as we speak, i was pretty laid back about the wait,but now i know i will have them hooked up by next wknd.     JOHN
is anyone familular with the ATOLL CD-100(demo at$600)thanks John

mclsound

« Reply #82 on: 9 Jun 2007, 05:15 pm »
has anyone hooked up both XLR(Anthem AVM-30) & RCA(Pioneer Elite receiver) at the same time?       John

mclsound

« Reply #83 on: 10 Jun 2007, 02:12 am »
does the candela have both RCA & XLR for all inputs and outputs?  John

bunky

« Reply #84 on: 10 Jun 2007, 11:51 am »
does the candela have both RCA & XLR for all inputs and outputs?  John
The Candela has single ended RCA's

mclsound

« Reply #85 on: 10 Jun 2007, 12:52 pm »
thanks Bunky,is XLR not considered better??   what is better??

bunky

« Reply #86 on: 10 Jun 2007, 01:09 pm »
thanks Bunky,is XLR not considered better??   what is better??
On long runs of IC cable Xlr could have an advantage, but i dont run a balanced system or long IC's so for me it is a moot point. thanks....WCW III

Bigfish

« Reply #87 on: 10 Jun 2007, 01:16 pm »
Bunky:

What do you consider long runs of IC's?  I arranged my Mono SEs on the sides of the racks behind the speakers.  I purchased and use 6' ICs (made by Klaus) to run from the Candela to the amps.

Ken

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #88 on: 10 Jun 2007, 01:34 pm »
Balanced only works 'better' on long noisy runs AND if both amps and preamp have truly balanced circuitry to convert between the standards.  Many just tie the 2 + pins together (or even just leave 1 disconnected).  In my HT setup, my main runs to the front for LCR and sub are approx 38' and both ends are balanced properly.  For less than 10', it's likely not necessary and even longer than that if the preamp will drive the longer cable.

Bryan

mclsound

« Reply #89 on: 10 Jun 2007, 02:27 pm »
thanks guys,another ? ,if my wife wants to watch TV ,does Candela have to be on when in HT bypass mode,or will she simply have to turn on the Pioneer Elite and go???   thanks   John

Bigfish

« Reply #90 on: 10 Jun 2007, 04:59 pm »
John:

When I am using my Denon 3806 for HT I set the Candela to HT and turn it off.  I seem to get great HT sound!

Ken

mclsound

« Reply #91 on: 10 Jun 2007, 05:01 pm »
thanks Ken

mclsound

« Reply #92 on: 15 Jun 2007, 02:03 am »
YES,THERE ON THEIR WAY!!!!!!!!!It's been a long patiant wait ,but they are on route and i am ready.... a total of 4, yes 4 MONO EXTREME S.E.'s.... to make a total of 7 channels(also have a HT-3).... i cant wait to tackle the infamous break in time(fortunately 1 pair is used,so i can charge up and then push PLAY!!!).........John

Bigfish

« Reply #93 on: 15 Jun 2007, 02:05 am »
You are in for audio bliss!

Congratulations!

Ken

mclsound

« Reply #94 on: 23 Jun 2007, 12:48 am »
son of a b#%*^,my amps are at fedex customs(sumtin like dat)and they need stuff?????????????????   anyone familular with the next step......it is because they exceed $1600 so stuff has to be done?  thanks bummed out JOHN

Wolfman

« Reply #95 on: 23 Jun 2007, 02:41 am »
mclsound,
They may need import documentation. I've thought Fed Ex would've been big enough to handle any customs needs,could be that there's documents needed from Klaus. I had an amp shipped to me from Canada and I had to find a broker to handle the paperwork needed as I changed trucking companies at the border. There was a bunch I had to fill out and return to the broker,took some time. Not sure if this is the same situation or not,has this come up previously?

mclsound

« Reply #96 on: 23 Jun 2007, 09:48 pm »
hi Wolfman,called Klaus,waiting to hear back.    thanks John

Wolfman

« Reply #97 on: 25 Jun 2007, 11:49 pm »
Hey John,
More and more "t"s to cross and "i"s to dot these days. Let us know how this turns out as I would be interested in learning more about cross border shipping requirements.
Good luck!
Kirby

Bigfish

« Reply #98 on: 26 Jun 2007, 01:10 am »
John:

Your situation is a real bummer!  Good luck on getting the amps released soon.

Ken

mclsound

« Reply #99 on: 26 Jun 2007, 01:55 am »
just got off the phone from Klaus, all's well,they will fax a document to sign,i will fax back and should be playing this long weekend when i get home......Klaus took care of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!   280lbs of pure salonium dynamite,so close i can smell the pungent aroma of CAP.....thanks for your concerns guys,i will let you know what they do to me ......thanks John