Know Anything About These Fully Balanced Class A/AB Monos for $1400/pair?

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
From what I understand, transients demand large amounts of power even when continuous power demands are quite low, and therefore I would like to have high power on hand for headroom and clipping-free playback.

So, yes.  :)
This is "somewhat" true, but you don't need that much peak power. It's overkill for the M1s. You most certainly wouldn't have to worry about clipping, but you wouldn't either with a 100-150 rms, 250w peak @ 4 ohms amp.
Of course, nothing exceeds like excess :lol:

cheers,

AJ

keenween

Not interested in the Peachtree 220? Are you sticking with your Peachtree Decco? I haven't been able to listen to a Peachtree yet but I really like the looks and target of their product line.

I tried three different Emotiva amps but none of their current models. I referred to their customer service on a couple issues related to their first budget processor (hated that model) and not their amplifiers. Customer service was responsive and the forum seems to have a good base of activity and loyalists. Emotiva really pumped out a lot of different products since I sold mine. Wyred4Sound also got a lot press for a great watt/dollar ratio.

I bought an Odyssey and sold my Emotiva amps no regrets. I'm probably content to ride out the 16 years left on the Odyssey warranty for my two channel. PM me if you want any specific thoughts on how they compared.

It should be fun to shop with your budget!