Professional Review on the Clever Little Clocks!..........

Dan Banquer

Re: Professional Review on the Clever Little Clocks!..........
« Reply #60 on: 7 Feb 2007, 05:54 pm »
Yes, please keep this topic on the current ridiculous course it's already on  :icon_lol:

DB mentioned that 'HiFiSoundGuy' is the re-incarnation of 'soundideas' (who posted much like HiFISoundGuy does in content and style)....but doing a little IP search seems inconclusive to reach that conclusion. 

Tho they are both based in the US, their IP's are different and they live about 1000 miles from one another in different states.

Soooo, what we have here seems to be a soundideas sound-alike, but not the same individual. Unless soundideas physically moved sometime in the past 6 months.

Just thought y'all might like to know  :wink:

Ah, but the spirit of Soundideas lives on, as we have all been witness to that spirit roaming the threads here at AC.
          VIVA SOUNDIDEAS!
                  d.b.

eric the red

« Reply #61 on: 7 Feb 2007, 06:34 pm »
One of Peter Belt's creations according to Stereophile:

" Two different sizes of safety pin, medium and large, each with a bolt, a nut, and several metal washers at its pivot point. The small one clips to your shirt, to treat one's self. The large one can be fastened to the carpet of an automobile to "correct" the sound of its audio system. I was also told that you can attach these to anything—the drapes, a bed pillow, the family cat, in order to improve anything from the sound of your audio system to the taste of your breakfast cereal."

http://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/110/

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #62 on: 7 Feb 2007, 06:46 pm »
I don't feel safe following this any further without Rod Serling.

eric the red

« Reply #63 on: 7 Feb 2007, 07:06 pm »
I don't feel safe following this any further without Rod Serling.

http://www.belt.demon.co.uk/product/product.html

miklorsmith

« Reply #64 on: 7 Feb 2007, 07:18 pm »
Where do I go to rescind my Audiophile card?

eric the red

« Reply #65 on: 7 Feb 2007, 07:24 pm »
Where do I go to rescind my Audiophile card?

Exactly

"Brown Ties assembly for Upholstery Curtains Carpets - CCU

A CCU Ring Tie on a safety pin should be attached to all curtains, all carpets and upholstery throughout a building.

Another very advantage place to attach a CCU Ring Tie on a safety pin is to upholstery, particularly underneath the cushion of the chair you sit in. Try the following experiment. Pin the CCU Ring Tie underneath the cushion you normally sit on, listen for a short time, then sit on another cushion which does not have a CCU Ring Tie attached and listen again. You will find that you do not now enjoy the music as much and you will not experience the true beneficial effect until you again sit on the cushion which has the CCU Ring Tie attached. "

Where is Chuck Josephson when we need him?? :green:
« Last Edit: 7 Feb 2007, 07:35 pm by eric the red »

Steve Eddy

• http://www.q-audio.com
« Reply #66 on: 7 Feb 2007, 07:39 pm »
Try the following experiment. Pin the CCU Ring Tie underneath the cushion you normally sit on, listen for a short time, then sit on another cushion which does not have a CCU Ring Tie attached and listen again. You will find that you do not now enjoy the music as much and you will not experience the true beneficial effect until you again sit on the cushion which has the CCU Ring Tie attached. "

Um, isn't the reason we sit where we normaly sit when we listen to music because we enjoy music more sitting there than sitting in the other places we could sit?  :duh:

se

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #67 on: 7 Feb 2007, 08:06 pm »
This raises another concern. If you visit a dealer to audition products, you'll have to check out the entire room to be sure he hasn't artificially enhanced the performance of his products by hiding pins all around.

As if the dots weren't a big enough problem. Now I have to worry about pins and foil and frozen photographs.

Is this voodoo?

eric the red

« Reply #68 on: 7 Feb 2007, 08:13 pm »
This raises another concern. If you visit a dealer to audition products, you'll have to check out the entire room to be sure he hasn't artificially enhanced the performance of his products by hiding pins all around.

As if the dots weren't a big enough problem. Now I have to worry about pins and foil and frozen photographs.

Is this voodoo?

Does the dealer's gear sound better in the showroom if your pictures are in your freezer or does the dealer have to have his pictures in a freezer for it to sound better? Would the freezer have to be in the showroom or could his pictures be at home in his freezer? What if you stuck YOUR pictures in HIS freezer? :scratch:

duggie

« Reply #69 on: 7 Feb 2007, 08:15 pm »
...I don't see where macrojack's statement necessarily leads to rollo's conclusion, but let's leave that out of this CLC discussion.

i do.  someone very close to me got thrown off this site for making these kinds of comments.   :wink: 

but i'm w/macrojack here.  woodsyi, you don't even have to bother letting me know if i wanna audition your rig w/the clc.  i am not interested even a little bit.  total waste of time, imo.  close minded?  i don't think so.  i am just not a sucker.

regards...

PhilNYC

« Reply #70 on: 7 Feb 2007, 08:16 pm »

Does the dealer's gear sound better in the showroom if your pictures are in your freezer or does the dealer have to have his pictures in a freezer for it to sound better? Would the freezer have to be in the showroom or could his pictures be at home in his freezer? What if you stuck YOUR pictures in HIS freezer? :scratch:

I have two freezers... :scratch:

eric the red

« Reply #71 on: 7 Feb 2007, 08:20 pm »

So when you sell a customer something, do they have to give you their pictures with their payment for you to put in your freezer in order for the gear to sound better when they get it home" :scratch:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #72 on: 7 Feb 2007, 08:22 pm »
Well, of course........why didn't that occur to me? You would need two freezers for stereo. And you home theatre people -- I don't see you getting by with fewer than 5 freezers.

Dan Banquer

« Reply #73 on: 7 Feb 2007, 08:23 pm »

So If you need two freezers does that make you schizophrenic?
               d.b.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #74 on: 7 Feb 2007, 08:24 pm »
Does this kind of remind you of the EPR paradox and entanglement stuff?

PhilNYC

« Reply #75 on: 7 Feb 2007, 08:24 pm »
So when you sell a customer something, do they have to give you their pictures with their payment for you to put in your freezer in order for the gear to sound better when they get it home" :scratch:

Only if she's good looking... 8)

eric the red

« Reply #76 on: 7 Feb 2007, 08:25 pm »
Well, of course........why didn't that occur to me? You would need two freezers for stereo. And you home theatre people -- I don't see you getting by with fewer than 5 freezers.

Are the freezers themselves cryo'ed with freezers manufactured with cry'oed parts made with cryo'ed tools? :scratch:

PhilNYC

« Reply #77 on: 7 Feb 2007, 08:25 pm »

This is why I'm not into multi-channel...  :duh:

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #78 on: 7 Feb 2007, 10:14 pm »
  Yes, the clocks are a Peter Belts Product, they took a few of belts products and put them on the clocks. That large dot on the front of the clock has a big effect and is called Orgone Energy. The clock is allowing for the accumulation of orgone energy. Hence the increase of the vestigial within the listening room or confines of the home. Outside of those walls there would no containment so no affect.  http://skepdic.com/orgone.html

PhilNYC

« Reply #79 on: 7 Feb 2007, 10:29 pm »
I have wondered if anyone has measured the effects of feng shui on audio performance... :scratch: