Professional Review on the Clever Little Clocks!..........

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Professional Review on the Clever Little Clocks!..........
« Reply #20 on: 7 Feb 2007, 01:46 am »
By awarding that stupid clock, Positive Feedback hurts its credibility with me rather than adding to the Clock's credibility, which I imagine was their intention.
HiFiSoundGuy was sent here to antagonize, entertain or demean us. Can't tell which but nothing he has to say will ever be taken seriously by this reader. I have too much experience with value, reality, products and function to fall for such nonsense.
Reading questions and comments in various audio forums makes me aware that many fundamental misunderstandings exist in audio. But most of it is failed logic or just confusion conferred by advertising or intiated by the likewise confused. This instance represents outright fraud in my opinion. Like religion, it traffics in subjective or unverifiable claims that cannot be disproven. Certain unfortunate persons exist who see the failure to disprove as being a form of proof. These fools are the customer base for stuff like the clock.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #21 on: 7 Feb 2007, 03:04 am »
macrojack, my new hero. Nothing better than a guy who tells it like it is.

Jim N.

• Who you callin' an audiophile?????
« Reply #22 on: 7 Feb 2007, 03:11 am »
HiFiSoundGuy also posted this in AA Tweakers and a ruckus ensued. Overzealous fanboy? Troll? Someone in desperate need of a life? How many audio forums has he posted this in?

EDIT: Looks like he posted the same thing using the handle JFK in the Stereophile forum. Man, good thing I'm at work and getting paid to waste my time like this  :). Guess I won't be Employee of the Month, keeping my streak intact at 173 months and counting.
« Last Edit: 7 Feb 2007, 03:37 am by Jim N. »

chadh

« Reply #23 on: 7 Feb 2007, 03:45 am »

Oh come on.  Give HiFiSoundGuy a break! As far as any of us knows, he's a regular audio enthusiast who hears what he hears.  Perhaps he doesn't hear the same things that you or I hear; maybe he listens in instances where you or I would not listen.  But he's as entitled to his opinion as the next person, and I'd hate to think we go out of our way to squash others' enthusiasm.

Of course, nobody is obliged to take what he says seriously.  But not everything good is serious, and not everything serious is good.  When he said he tweaked his clever little clock, I laughed even more than when I read about the astronaut who drove across country in her diaper to confront the lover of her curent lust-object.  Thanks for that HiFiSoundGuy.  I am truly happy that the clever little clock has brought you so much enjoyment.

Chad

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: 7 Feb 2007, 03:53 am »
The CLC seems absurd to me, but to each his own.  Very few audiophools can claim high ground here.  Just for kicks, try to explain to normal sane (ie non-audiophile aa) folks that the CLC is stupid but that everyone knows cables sound different and a green marker makes your CDs sound better.  See how long it takes til you're drowned out by the howls of laughter. :lol:

eric the red

« Reply #25 on: 7 Feb 2007, 04:05 am »
The CLC seems absurd to me, but to each his own.  Very few audiophools can claim high ground here.  Just for kicks, try to explain to normal sane (ie non-audiophile aa) folks that the CLC is stupid but that everyone knows cables sound different and a green marker makes your CDs sound better.  See how long it takes til you're drowned out by the howls of laughter. :lol:

Or try telling them that you just got a great deal on a $1700.00 cdp and only paid $785.00 for it.
Or that this
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablspkr&1176001035
is a good deal

miklorsmith

« Reply #26 on: 7 Feb 2007, 04:11 am »
True lies.  Doesn't this whole line of discussion reek of some other shmuck that was selling all kinds of stupid crap a while back?  I can't remember his handle, but this is all painfully familiar.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #27 on: 7 Feb 2007, 04:14 am »
I'm waiting for the Chinese knockoff of the crock.

miklorsmith

« Reply #28 on: 7 Feb 2007, 04:20 am »
Eric, are you dissin' the Audio Pimp cables?  Don't be gettin' ill, dawg, cuz' I'll be gettin' downtown all over your Red ass.  These electrical transmission stringers are the shizznit, my electrons are all up in it.  Word.

eric the red

« Reply #29 on: 7 Feb 2007, 04:34 am »
Eric, are you dissin' the Audio Pimp cables?  Don't be gettin' ill, dawg, cuz' I'll be gettin' downtown all over your Red ass.  These electrical transmission stringers are the shizznit, my electrons are all up in it.  Word.

Audio Pimp-what a racket-they've even got guidelines in there ads what to ask/not ask if you have a question but then they ARE doing us all a favor with those excellent prices.

PaulFolbrecht

« Reply #30 on: 7 Feb 2007, 04:55 am »
Audio Pimp-what a racket-they've even got guidelines in there ads what to ask/not ask if you have a question but then they ARE doing us all a favor with those excellent prices.

How do you think he does it?  I've heard things from people in the know I'm not going to post here.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #31 on: 7 Feb 2007, 05:03 am »
Audio Pimp feedback.....817 Positive....no Neutral.....no Negative.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #32 on: 7 Feb 2007, 05:11 am »
   :nono: Its easy to be skepical of a product like this if you have never tried it yet..... :scratch:

Steve Eddy

• http://www.q-audio.com
« Reply #33 on: 7 Feb 2007, 05:25 am »
   :nono: Its easy to be skepical of a product like this if you have never tried it yet..... :scratch:

Why would trying it make one any less skeptical?

Seeing as our subjective perception isn't always the unerring reflection of the physical reality that we'd like to believe it is, simply because one tries something and subjectively perceives some difference doesn't prove that it's doing anything.

So again, why would trying it make one any less skeptical?

se

PaulFolbrecht

« Reply #34 on: 7 Feb 2007, 05:33 am »
Guys,

I tried putting a bag of frozen peas on the end table in my listening room and this is the shit.  Everything sounds right around 22% better.

I can hook you up with these peas (they are special peas) for $100/bag.

rabpaul

« Reply #35 on: 7 Feb 2007, 06:21 am »
Rather than have an open mind I am rather surprised at the reaction some of you have towards the CLC.
I also hardly think that the people at Postive Feedback can be so easily be conned. So I suppose Shun Mock discs also don't work and are another con? Why shoot the messenger? If you have not tried them are you in any position to comment? Well I am planning to buy 2 CLCs in a couple of months. I will be the first to post here if they do nothing except keep time.

alotaklipsch

« Reply #36 on: 7 Feb 2007, 06:36 am »
Hey, I own the CLC, and the pebbles, Geoff is a cool dude, who actually has scientific backup....... :duh: :drool:I used to be like you guy's who have never tried things, but still have opinions.  I am NOT that way, nomo :drool:

srb

« Reply #37 on: 7 Feb 2007, 07:03 am »
Well, if the Clever Little Clock really does work, then there must be all sorts of mods one could do to it to make it even more clever.

There must be a capacitor and resistor or two that could be replaced with Blackgates and Vishays. :wink:

Steve Eddy

« Reply #38 on: 7 Feb 2007, 07:05 am »
I also hardly think that the people at Postive Feedback can be so easily be conned.

Is that what you think?

Try this one on for size.

The award in question was given out by writers Dave and Carol Clark (if you go to the article you'll see that it's "The Clark's Brutus and Gizmo Awards for 2006").

Carol Clark has placed photographs of herself (as well as photographs of her audio system) in her freezer and wrote that doing so not only improved the sound of her system, but all the other systems she listened to, even as far away as Las Vegas (she'd attended the CES at the time).

This tweak came to her from the infamous Peter Belt, who claimed:

Each individual human had a fundamental adverse problem imposed on their senses when they had their first photograph taken. A photographic image captures the unique identity of the subject of the photograph but imposes a significant temporal (time) asymmetrical pattern. The action of this photograph radically changed the inner symmetry of the senses of the photographed human being. Fortunately, this debilitating adverse condition is reversible.

To restore a significant temporal (time) symmetry to any person's senses, it is necessary to acquire one photograph which was exposed when the person was young and another photograph exposed when the person was older. Each photograph is placed, individually, into it's own clear plastic bag. The two plastic bags, each containing a spaced time photograph of the same individual, should be placed inside the freezer compartment of the domestic refrigerator.

Geoff Kait, who "invented" the CLC, is also a practitioner (or at least was) of freezing photographs of himself. He wrote on the Peter Belt forum at AOL that the effect changed depending on whether or not there was food in the freezer. He said it sounded better when there was food in the freezer along with the photographs. Another reported that it sounded even better if the food in the freezer was treated with Peter Belt's "Electret Creme."

Well I am planning to buy 2 CLCs in a couple of months. I will be the first to post here if they do nothing except keep time.

Why not try putting some photographs of yourself in your freezer? It would cost you a lot less than buying two CLS. And according to Carol Clark and Geoff Kait, it significantly improves the sound of not only your system, but every system you listen to. That's because the tweak "treats" the listener, not the system. That's also the function of the CLC according to Geoff. It treats you, not your system.

se

Steve Eddy

« Reply #39 on: 7 Feb 2007, 07:09 am »
I used to be like you guy's who have never tried things, but still have opinions.  I am NOT that way, nomo

Have you tried placing photographs of yourself in your freezer yet?

se