Mike Lundy for cabinets and completed speakers

nasasimmons and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Read 45068 times.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: Mike Lundy for cabinets and completed speakers
« Reply #60 on: 28 May 2022, 01:22 am »
Oh boy, Mike, you’re rolling now. I bet you’re not gonna miss that Cottonwood, I mowed the lawn in a cottonwood snowstorm today. No love for those things.
As you know, I also bought a Shopsabre and have been pleased both with the machine and the tech help, although I haven’t used it much. Vacuum hold down is the coolest thing ever.
How big is the shop gonna be?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #61 on: 28 May 2022, 01:41 am »
Oh boy, Mike, you’re rolling now. I bet you’re not gonna miss that Cottonwood, I mowed the lawn in a cottonwood snowstorm today. No love for those things.
As you know, I also bought a Shopsabre and have been pleased both with the machine and the tech help, although I haven’t used it much. Vacuum hold down is the coolest thing ever.
How big is the shop gonna be?

30’x30’x9’. I will also continue to use the garage but only for tasks that don’t make sawdust or fumes.

I may well be asking you questions. Unlike yours, mine will have manual tool changes. While the width of a piece is limited to 30”, by tilling the toolpaths and indexing the part the length is not restricted to 40”. It can be as long as needed. It will just require more tooling changes than if the bed was long enough to cut the part with one setup.

That was only one cottnwood. There are three more larger ones in the back yard 🙁

praedet

« Reply #62 on: 27 Aug 2022, 01:23 am »
Has anyone heard from Mike in a while?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #63 on: 28 Aug 2022, 12:39 am »
I’m still here. The lease 6 weeks have been real doozies. My car broke down and had to leave it in a shopping center parking lot over night. In the morning when the tow truck got there we found someone has stolen what they thought was the catalytic converter (it wasn’t) and cut through the transmission fluid lines in the process. Had to get that fixed to find out the motor was shot. The third cylinder lost compression and it was going to cost an arm and leg to fix it with no idea what to expect from the engine afterward. The car was a 2002 Mia Sportage with 250,000 miles so I sent it to the scrap yard then had to get another car

Then one of my nephews went into the hospital for a same day surgery to patch a hole in his ear and ended up in the ICU on a vent for a month. He’s in rehab now

Then we got hit by a tornado. Luckily it was only an EF1. Didn’t do any real damage to the house but made a mess out of the trees. Finally got that cleaned up.

Then I found out my lack of energy and getting easily tired wasn’t just from gagging weight and getting more out of shape during the pandemic but that I likely had a heart attack without realizing it. My wife kept after me to see a cardiologist and I finally did a couple weeks ago. They did an EGK which was abnormal so did a stress test this past Thursday. It showed diminished blood flow to part of the heart so next up is a heart cath.

I’m still working on peoples projects but haven’t kept up with email very well. Sorry about that.

JakeJ

• Volunteer
  • Sometimes this gettin' old thing gets pretty old.
« Reply #64 on: 28 Aug 2022, 12:44 pm »
Hi Mike,

I hope you are feeling better.  I've been down that cardio road and I'm guessing you are a candidate for bypass surgery,  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but doesn't have to be.  Follow the cardiologists instructions to the letter and after surgery you must follow through with the physical therapy.  After the whole thing is over keep going to the gym, ask me how I know.  :wink:

Woodsage

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: 28 Aug 2022, 02:04 pm »
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2022, 05:36 pm by Woodsage »

praedet

« Reply #66 on: 30 Aug 2022, 02:56 pm »
Holy cow Mike,
That sucks!  I truly hope things can start to get better and back to normal!
I’m still here. The lease 6 weeks have been real doozies. My car broke down and had to leave it in a shopping center parking lot over night. In the morning when the tow truck got there we found someone has stolen what they thought was the catalytic converter (it wasn’t) and cut through the transmission fluid lines in the process. Had to get that fixed to find out the motor was shot. The third cylinder lost compression and it was going to cost an arm and leg to fix it with no idea what to expect from the engine afterward. The car was a 2002 Mia Sportage with 250,000 miles so I sent it to the scrap yard then had to get another car

Then one of my nephews went into the hospital for a same day surgery to patch a hole in his ear and ended up in the ICU on a vent for a month. He’s in rehab now

Then we got hit by a tornado. Luckily it was only an EF1. Didn’t do any real damage to the house but made a mess out of the trees. Finally got that cleaned up.

Then I found out my lack of energy and getting easily tired wasn’t just from gagging weight and getting more out of shape during the pandemic but that I likely had a heart attack without realizing it. My wife kept after me to see a cardiologist and I finally did a couple weeks ago. They did an EGK which was abnormal so did a stress test this past Thursday. It showed diminished blood flow to part of the heart so next up is a heart cath.

I’m still working on peoples projects but haven’t kept up with email very well. Sorry about that.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #67 on: 30 Aug 2022, 03:12 pm »
Holy cow Mike,
That sucks!  I truly hope things can start to get better and back to normal!

You and me both. On top of all that, the new shop is being held up waiting on a permit. The person who handles the permit I need is out on maternity leave and they don’t have any back up 🤷🏼‍♂️

barryso

« Reply #68 on: 30 Aug 2022, 11:44 pm »
Hope you start feeling better, Mike.

Good luck with the new shop, too.

Barry

fre11111

« Reply #69 on: 31 Aug 2022, 06:10 pm »
Get well soon Mike, cant wait to see your new projects🙏🙂

Frederick

Danny Richie

« Reply #70 on: 10 Sep 2022, 10:59 pm »
Dang Mike, I hope things start turning around for you, especially your health.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #71 on: 11 Sep 2022, 01:15 am »
Thanks everybody. I have a cardiac echo and carotid 6scheduled for Monday afternoon. Once the results from those are in they'll schedule the heart cath. Exactly what they plan to do is dependent on the results of Monday's tests.

revg1952

« Reply #72 on: 11 Sep 2022, 06:18 am »
Mike
 you will be in my prayers
RevG1952