What other good bands from the 70's and 80's fell thru the cracks?

Scottdazzle

Funny trivia fact about Eddy Grant.  Prior to his career as a solo artist in the 80s, he was a member of an English band called The Equals (formed in 1965) who sort of mixed a fusion of pop, rock, ska, and funk.  They did a pretty great song called "Black Skinned Blue Eyed Boys" that was released as a single in 1970.

Someone put a promo video made at that time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvxUwpiM0uI

+1
The Equals also did a great song "Baby Come Back" that Bonnie Raitt did on her "Green Light" album.

yokophono

+1
The Equals also did a great song "Baby Come Back" that Bonnie Raitt did on her "Green Light" album.

Yeah, I'm very familiar with the original version  It was actually a chart hit in the UK but not in the US.  I'm familiar with them more through the song I linked as it was a NYC early disco favorite so checked out more of their other stuff and have a 7" release of that song.  I believe it was a bigger hit and charted fairly high in the UK.  I was not familiar with the Bonny Raitt cover, so will have to dig that one up.

watercourse

Am I the only one who dares to remember Firefall? Wait - I think I answered my own question, nevermind.

slovell1

Planet P, Klaatu.    8)

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
Alive and Kicking, Pacific Gas and Electric, Blues Image