Artists House Music / Scrapomatic Recommended

ohenry

Artists House Music / Scrapomatic Recommended
« on: 26 Apr 2004, 01:01 pm »
On New Years Eve I saw a duo open for Derck Trucks that impressed me with their expertly simplistic approach to performing a soulful and bluesy mix of songs.  They were just a singer and an electric guitarist perched on folding chairs performing soulful tunes that made a chatty, preoccupied crowd sit up and pay attention for 40 minutes.

I liked them and bought a CD.   It's the kind of CD that I'm still discovering and increasingly enjoying after almost four months of intermittent playing.  Highly unusual for a CD purchased at a smokey bar venue.  What's more is that the CD sounds excellent and opened the door for me to discover a non-profit company called Artists House.

Artists House records new artists in an upscale way and provides so many extras with the CD "package" for a reasonable price.  When you buy the CD, you actually get a CD and a DVD.  The DVD is the vehicle for higher fidelity and here's a quote from their website to explain:

"One of the most extraordinary features is the 24 bit/96k stereo mix. CD is 16 bit/44.1k, so 24bit/96 k is a huge improvement. You should notice a difference. In fact, this may be the first time you've ever heard stereo sound this good, unless you've been listening to a lot of LPs lately. The technical specifications of the DVD did not allow us to use video with this "high resolution" audio, so we just put a photograph on the screen".

When is the last time that you've heard a record (CD) company admit that LP's sound better?  You also get printable sheet music and recording footage.  Refreshing stuff. . .

Scrapomatic is the band that stirred my interest to discover some of the other artists in their limited catalogue such as "Oteil and the Peacemakers".

I highly recommend Artists House for the great music and products.  Visit http://www.artistshousemusic.com/

Henry