Thanks for Info (Ultra with Brass weight)

aln

Thanks for Info (Ultra with Brass weight)
« on: 25 Oct 2011, 03:23 pm »
Just wanted to thank everyone for the heads up on this amp.  I bought it, and then shipped my EXR to Frank for the upgrade.  The brass weight is a couple of Mapleshade heavy feet drilled out to sit on the transformer.  Sounds good!  I know the owner of the amp (its a small audiophile world) and he's a good guy.
Again, thanks everyone.

Aln

PS the brass weight was shipped in a different box. 

rcag_ils

Re: Thanks for Info (Ultra with Brass weight)
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2011, 09:17 pm »
The brass weight is a couple of Mapleshade heavy feet drilled out to sit on the transformer.  Sounds good!

I'll have to get myself some good sounding brass weight.

aln

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2011, 12:26 pm »
Mapleshade has all you want.

charmerci

« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2011, 08:24 pm »
aln,

FYI -

in general, the Van Alstine forum doesn't believe in "good sounding" weights, interconnects, speaker wire, magic dots, etc.

(I'm sure someone else will be more elequent and can elaborate more than me.)

festuss

« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2011, 01:29 am »
 Mapleshadey?   :roll:

aln

« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov 2011, 01:04 pm »
Hey Festuss:
I loved the breakdown on what you did with the AC feeding your system.  What pre-amp do you use?  How do you get multiple outputs to feed the Van Alstine converters?

Regards
ALN

festuss

« Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2011, 04:45 pm »
I have two Ultra Hybrid EC's cus I have multiple devices to switch about to listen to. But the out of one pre goes to the in put to another so it's just another source to the final pre amp, yea yeah yeah I've heard all the claims of too many gazintaz to gazoutsa, affect the sound, not really, look at the chain of stuff in a recording studio, miles of wires switches.  The AVA pre amps can handle anything as a load or source.  You mean the  phase INVERTERS?  The final pre amp has two outputs it worked out perfect 2 phase inverters driving 4 AVA EXR and Insights I think, the low end ones have the double MOSFETS if I recall which versions they are now P500 HAFLER chassis.  2 inverters 4 amps each amp running in mono running 1200W+ no such thing as too many watts.  It's not louder it's CONTROL, and it's AUDIBLE.  Less amps and watts is anemic and thin, more current, more watts is full and LIVE!  4800+ watts RMS of AVA bliss.  IT's ALIVE REAL and DYNAMIC! Legacy Whisper  The LEGACY HELIX would need more amplifiers since it needs 3 per side tri amp'd !  Sonic realism takes another leap.  Dream on...I don't think my floors can handle HELIX though. And neither can by bank account. 

aln

« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2011, 06:27 pm »
Thanks for the information.  I just love it when someone puts together a no-holds barred system.  Good Listening!
aln