FS: Bottlehead Paramount 300B mono amplfiers ($875)

h2o

FS: Bottlehead Paramount 300B mono amplfiers ($875)
« on: 23 Oct 2011, 06:17 am »
I bought these 300b SET amps about a year ago from an Audiogoner for my office system.  Did not get a chance to use them too often, so decided to sell.  Excellent operationally and cosmetically.  This was what he advertized as "Up for sale are my Bottlehead 300b SET Paramount monoblocks. These were built by me in March of '08 and used until June '09. When I built them they were my 3rd kit from Bottlehead so I was practiced and am confident in the build. They have functioned flawlessly from the first moment they were fired up and all voltages tested as per spec.In Feb. '09 I upgraded the Output and Parafeed caps to Jantzen Superior Z's. I found them to be very smooth without adding any distinguishable color to the voice of these amps. To me this is important as I like an honest transparent sound and these caps brought that.Also upgraded from the original kits are custom Wenge veneered low profile bases, I (a cabinet maker myself) made these to be as low as possible and still fit the internal components. Both amps sit on 4 #2 Vibrapods. Also installed red neon indicator lamps located just behind the power switch" Includes original EH tubes and the full assembly manual, both printed and on cd.  Paypal additional 3%.