TAS: Standout speakers under 2500 USD Do you guess who is invited ?

Eduardo AAVM

Link here

Next up is the impressive Klaus Bunge-designed Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference Monitor ($3500/pair, stands included), which is based on the ScanSpeak Revelator 4531 mid-bass driver and ScanSpeak’s terrific new Beryllium tweeter. Though more functional than lovely to look at, the Kismet Reference Monitors are certainly beautiful to hear. In fact, the driver’s mesh so perfectly in this speaker that you can’t help but listen and think, “these just sound right—and ultra-refined, too”

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Congrats guys. I had the pleasure to be able to listen to them after hours with Alex one evening.  Very nice soundstage and a smooth presentation yet not lacking detail.  Excellent bottom end for a stand mounted speaker - especially in this price range.

Bryan

lazydays

wether or not those speakers were great; it was good to see the Sterophile bunch eat a little crow!
gary

srb

Except that if you're highlighting the Odyssey monitors, the title of the Topic should be:

"TAS: Standout speakers $2500 - $4999 USD Do you guess who is invited ?"

as that is the TAS category they are in.

Steve

AlexG

• Industry Participant
Congrats guys. I had the pleasure to be able to listen to them after hours with Alex one evening.  Very nice soundstage and a smooth presentation yet not lacking detail.  Excellent bottom end for a stand mounted speaker - especially in this price range.

Bryan

Bryan,

It was a pleasure for me to have you in the room for a private listen. Thank you for four kind comments...they are indeed very nice  :thumb:

Alex