YES-"Fly From Here" -Music and recording are top notch, yes!!!!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
I also think Yes is a group that a lot of people will just never own up to liking even though they have a copy of CTTE and Fragile tucked away some where. Same with Floyd to a lesser degree.
Wush- I don't understand your thought here. Are you saying people are closeted YES fans? Its music right? Its not a competition or a lifestyle its just an audible thing we enjoy hearing, not understanding what your saying..... :scratch:

Wayner

I get the itch to put on Rush - Moving Pictures every once in awhile. This LP is a phenom classic. I think to George's point they have had a major influence on music because of their presence. I'd listen to Rush more, but the wife is not a big fan. She think's they are too dark.

Back to Yes, they certainly are still one of the oldest bands still going. I think that their first LP was done in 1969??

And what band hasn't Steve Howe made a guest appearance on? These guys have a ton of solo albums, too.

Wayner

wushuliu

Wush- I don't understand your thought here. Are you saying people are closeted YES fans? Its music right? Its not a competition or a lifestyle its just an audible thing we enjoy hearing, not understanding what your saying..... :scratch:
[/quote

Yes er that is am saying. For some it is a competition and/or lifestyle and yes was a band whose sound epitomized what they considered lame about rock and they rebelled against it. This is what I remember from a great BBC doc on rocknroll history.

vinyl_lady

I bought the vinyl from Amazon (Italian pressing) and played it last night. Wow, what a terrific album. I've always liked Yes, especially The Yes Album, Fragile and Closer to the Edge. IMO, this is the best Yes album in many years and ranks up there with the three I listed above.

BTW, the Italian pressing is dead quiet and sounds great. Lots of detail.

Laura

*Scotty*

I have my vinyl copy on order and I have a question for those who already have theirs, is there any
information on the recording medium used create the master? Was it analogue or digital?
Scotty

Wayner

It's been recorded in at least 4 different studios, so I'll put money on it that it's a digital recording.

Andre2

It is really a great new album from Yes.  This singer is really good.  I grew up listening to 'Yes' and I have to say that this singer is at least the same level as John Anderson during the 70's and 80's - maybe even a more melodic voice, more interesting sounding voice.

There is also a new album with older songs coming out this week, samples are sounding good:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005SJIP2S/ref=pe_180430_21792690_nrn_lm

*Scotty*

It's official,I am snakebit. I received my copy of "Fly From Here" yesterday and it was mis-manufactured. The center hole was off-center and the record was not trimmed properly. It was also warped,about a 6 on a scale of 10, playable, but you don't like watching that much up and down motion. 
 Also there was increasing distortion that sounded somewhat like mis-tracking that started about the middle of side one. Side two had a dimple on it about 1/8in. in diameter. i did not play side two.
On the plus side this is about the quietest pressing I have heard in recent years. It reminded me of the legendary JVC super vinyl. It was dead quiet no ticks, pops or surface noise at all. It didn't even sound like a record was playing when I put the stylus in the groove.
I have another copy coming from Amazon and I am returning the first one. At least that process is painless.
Scotty

Wayner

I got mine off of ebay, as it was sold out pretty much in the US. I got the black vinyl version. I hear that there is also a white vinyl version and this version is noisy. I never did like the colored vinyl.

Sorry, I feel your pain. I think the second pressing is a big rush, so who knows how any of the new copies will be. Offset spindle hole and a big warp remind me of the '70s. All you needed was a big scratch on it.

Wayner  8)

*Scotty*

I may have used up my quota of good luck for this year, my replacement copy of "Fly From Here" arrived from Amazon today and it is a winner. Flat vinyl and very quiet! This is as good as my DCC 180gr. copy of Aqualung from 1996 and that's saying something.
Scotty