How to play ripped 5.1 DVD-A from a computer?

WC

How to play ripped 5.1 DVD-A from a computer?
« on: 18 Oct 2011, 02:10 pm »
I know with DVDA Explorer you can rip the multichannel files from the DVD-A, but how do you play them from the computer? I am using a netbook running OS X. I have an AVR that I can play them through.

Mag

Re: How to play ripped 5.1 DVD-A from a computer?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2011, 11:25 pm »
You might try downloading VLC media player. It's what I use and I from what I hear its the best.

I just did a quick search and I don't see dvd-A, but you might be able to convert it to another format. 8)

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2011, 12:03 am »
Playing back multi-channel FLAC files is still a challenge.  One potential solution is the Oppo BP93 or 95 playing MC FLAC files from a connected hard drive or over a DLNA network once they get that mess figured out.

Good luck...

WC

« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2011, 12:46 am »
I asked the question mainly because I only have one DVD-A that I just recently acquired. I was thinking of getting a new Blu-ray player, while the Oppo's are nice I am not really thrilled with spending the additional money for the Oppo over any other consumer Blu-ray since I only have one DVD-A and no SACDs. If I get the Oppo 93 I wouldn't have to determine a way for the computer to play the files, since I could just use the player. :)