nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
Vettel is unstoppable
« on: 17 Oct 2011, 05:43 pm »
There once was a driver named Vettel,
They all came to test his mettle,
They all came to race,
But he set the pace,
And in the end there was nothing to settle.

If Sebastian keeps up his pace, he will surpass Schumacher achievements. The only negative in all of this is that its gotten kind of boring to watch because baring an accident or mechanical failure, once Vettel gets out in front, all bets, for the most part, are off. This 'kid' is sensational.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Vettel is unstoppable
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2011, 03:05 pm »
Lets be realistic, Vettel's car is unstoppable, not the pilot.
Even the RBR car from Mark Webber, is slower than Vettel RBR car.
This is the difference between the first pilot's car, and second pilot´s car.

ltr317

« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2011, 09:55 pm »
Yes, the top F1 drivers are very close in ability, so the car usually makes the difference.  All current and future records should have an asterisk explaining that achievements are because of the extended race schedule. 

richidoo

« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2011, 10:47 pm »
There's too much points money at stake to sandbag Webber's car just to appease the Vettle's ego. They might have told him not to beat Vettel, but he should place second every time. They would not allow McLaren and Ferrari to beat Webber if they could prevent it.

Having 4 worthy world champions really racing against each other in every race is a nice change this season. Vettle does tend to run away, but he sometimes stumbles when it's wheel to wheel, although that happens much less now, but still happens. If a competitor can match their speed next year then we'll see his true mettle.  Nice poem, btw!

DirecTV screwed up the race length in the morning so only 70 minutes recorded. I'm watching the afternoon replay now. I like the Indian track!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2011, 11:07 pm »
Today Hamilton crashed in Massa´s car again, but Massa was punished(not Hamilton), by have been knocked by Hamilton!
I just read in the press, with this colision today, was the fourth time this year that Hamilton crashed into the car of Massa.
Hamilton says: Massa did not give me space, so we hit.
Yes, the guy say WE hit !! I would like to know, when a racing driver, is forced to give up their position in a dispute.
Hamilton is becoming a taxi driver, and the Massa patience are annoying.

Crimson

« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2011, 11:43 pm »
It was actually the sixth incident between Massa and Hamilton this season. Today's was clearly Massa's fault. Hamilton clearly had the inside line and Massa turned into him.

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
« Reply #6 on: 31 Oct 2011, 01:30 am »
From what I saw, Massa turned into Hamilton.

As for the drivers having differently tuned cars, i'll agree that they are tuned differently to accommodate the different driving styles that the drivers bring to the track but anything more than that would be public knowledge by now. Before Montoya went stateside to drive in circles, his car was modified differently than his team mate, Ralf Schumacher. Montoya tended to mash the throttle (like most So. American drivers) and Schumacher feathered it more finely. Launch styles, late breaking tendencies and even turning preferences are all tuned to the individual driver. I believe that is why Vettel is doing so well. His style is more attuned to F1 racing than most and that is all that's needed to win. Once the driver and crew are on the same page, you're set.

ltr317

« Reply #7 on: 31 Oct 2011, 03:31 am »
It was actually the sixth incident between Massa and Hamilton this season. Today's was clearly Massa's fault. Hamilton clearly had the inside line and Massa turned into him.

Yes, it was clearly Massa's fault this time, as he didn't get enough in front of Hamilton, so he should have given him room.  As a former racer, I can say that all racers, whether amateur or professional know the unwritten rule of passing another driver.  The rear wheels of the passing car should be parallel to the front wheels of the car being pass in order to establish a pass.  All racing stewards and corner workers look for that and the right call was made in this incident.  At other times this  year when Hamilton and Massa collided, it was usually Hamilton's fault. 

mhconley

« Reply #8 on: 31 Oct 2011, 11:28 am »
I agree that Vettel is another Schumacher in the making - not only in driving skills but in personality.  He shows genuine happiness when he wins and is gracious giving his team the credit for them.  A spectacular driver in an unbeatable car and truly a joy to watch.  I cannot wait to see him race in person in Austin next November.

Martin

Crimson

« Reply #9 on: 31 Oct 2011, 11:55 am »
Agree, but am not happy about it. As with when Schumacher was winning race after race, it wasn't so much a race. More like a parade with Schumi as the Grand Marshall. Boring.

Crimson

« Reply #10 on: 14 Nov 2011, 01:01 pm »
Now THAT was a race yesterday! Very enjoyable. And as a bonus, Vettel got KO'd in the first lap.

Mikeinsacramento

« Reply #11 on: 1 Dec 2011, 05:11 am »