Bryston MAX and MINI apps with iOS 5

Gary L

Bryston MAX and MINI apps with iOS 5
« on: 15 Oct 2011, 03:22 am »
My Bryston MAX and MINI apps are no longer functioning properly.  Could this be a compatibility issue with Apple's new iOS operating system?  Has anyone had issues with these apps on iOS 5 devices?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Bryston MAX and MINI apps with iOS 5
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2011, 07:19 pm »
Hi Gary,

I'm shocked to hear that the Mini isn't working in iOS 5.  We have an iPod Touch 4G running iOS 5 and have tested it with Bryston Max, Mini and Mini ][ (aka Mini 2) and all three work as they are suppose to.  We have only tested using the latest firmware available for the BDP-1 S1.17-2011-10-01.  Which version of the firmware do you have installed on your BDP-1 Gary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw9Io0ZcqA8

Sorry for not noticing your post earlier.
Hope we can get this resolved quickly.

Chris
Bryston Ltd.
Engineer

BrysTony

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2011, 07:29 pm »
My Bryston MAX and MINI apps are no longer functioning properly.  Could this be a compatibility issue with Apple's new iOS operating system?  Has anyone had issues with these apps on iOS 5 devices?

I have read about problems with various apps after upgrading to iOS 5.  Chances are if you delete and reinstall the app all will be OK.

Tony

Gary L

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2011, 07:49 pm »
Hi Chris,

I wasn't aware of the latest software update. I have the July 15 software. I guess I need to update my software.

Tony, I tried deleting and reinstalling the app.  The same problem occurred.  The apps are not displaying playlists.  Songs added to the playlist are identified as "undefined".

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2011, 09:19 pm »
Hi Gary,

Are you launching the Max and mini from within safari or bookmarks from the home screen?

Cheers,
Chris

Btw, got your email, will send out the firmware first thing Monday

Gary L

« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2011, 02:13 am »
Hi Gary,

Are you launching the Max and mini from within safari or bookmarks from the home screen?

Cheers,
Chris

Btw, got your email, will send out the firmware first thing Monday

Hi Chris,

I generally launch the apps from bookmarks on the home screen.  However, I am unable to create playlists using either method.  Hopefully the firmware update will resolve my problem. 

Although I don't use the Bryston apps often to control my BDP-1, I have never encountered a problem until I recently tried the app after updating my iPad software to iOS 5.  When I encountered the same problem with my iPhone 4S, which came with iOS 5 preinstalled, it made think that there must be an issue with iOS 5 and the Bryston apps.  I have no idea what changes may have been made in the latest version of the BDP-1 firmware, but hopefully they will resolve my problem.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2011, 06:12 pm by Gary L »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2011, 08:54 pm »
Hi Chris,

I generally launch the apps from bookmarks on the home screen.  However, I am unable to create playlists using either method.  Hopefully the firmware update will resolve my problem. 

Although I don't use the Bryston apps often to control my BDP-1, I have never encountered a problem until I recently tried the app after updating my iPad software to iOS 5.  When I encountered the same problem with my iPhone 4S, which came with iOS 5 preinstalled, it made think that there must be an issue with iOS 5 and the Bryston apps.  I have no idea what changes may have been made in the latest version of the BDP-1 firmware, but hopefully they will resolve my problem.

Heard from Gary after speaking with Chris Rice - problem solved :thumb:

james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2011, 10:40 pm »
Chris,

welcome to the forum :thumb:! knowing that another Brystoneer is here is good news indeed. but hey, please don't blame me if I'm going to break your nerves :icon_lol: :green:

al.