SOLD: 2 GR Research Open Baffle Dual Servo Subs in H-frames + 2 Rythmik XLR amps

roscoeiii

Sorry for going OT on this for sale thread. Hope you are considering these side conversations as convenient bumps...

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Christmas bump! :wink:

WolfsongAudio

Hello,

I have interest in the subs and a possible trip from Atlanta to Cincinnati coming up.  Any idea what the F3 in room response is for the subs?  I have a pair of Dunlavy SC_IVa speakers and my room is very open on 2 walls.  Not a bass head but I lost function on one of a pair of 12" sealed ICE powered Final Sound S220 subs and the Tripath amp is a goner.  I want to better the performance of the low end and the GR OB design intrigues.  Thoughts on a meet in Cincinnati?  Idea how low they go?  Thanks in advance.

Mike

WolfsongAudio

Sorry,  I just saw the SOLD Heading

TomS

Sorry,  I just saw the SOLD Heading

Yes, I delivered them yesterday. Sorry we couldn't work something out as my daughter lives there in Atlanta so I do make regular trips.

I did a quick near field LF response yesterday with no EQ and XO settings to highest (~120hz) and they looked something like this, so low-mid 20's are reasonable depending on the room of course. I have quite a lot of gain in mine as you can see.

Danny could give you a lot better information on what to expect in certain rooms as he has a ton of these out in the wild now. Give him a call and he can steer you in the right direction.

Tom