SOLD: 2 GR Research Open Baffle Dual Servo Subs in H-frames + 2 Rythmik XLR amps

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Makes a great holiday gift.   :wink:

richidoo

I never saw closeup of these before, only the little pic in your avatar. They look really nice!

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
I never saw closeup of these before, only the little pic in your avatar. They look really nice!
You need them.   :green:

TomS

You need them.   :green:
I almost forgot they were for sale. Honestly, they don't look that nice up close and personal. Think beer goggles.

saisunil

Let me know if you change your mind shipping them to NY  :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
Let me know if you change your mind shipping them to NY  :thumb:
Road Trip!

saisunil

or wait for Danny's 8" wonders ...

TomS

There is no substitute for cubic inches  :wink:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
:nono:

There is no substitute for cubic inches  :wink:

Exactly!!!

roscoeiii

True, though i'd likely be having you drive them too chicago if I wasn't worred they'd overpower the room

TomS

True, though i'd likely be having you drive them too chicago if I wasn't worred they'd overpower the room
I'm actually driving to downtown Chicago this Friday and Saturday though I have a carload of people who plan on shopping  :wink:

ebag4

I run these in a room 10.5'x12.5' (in a pair of V1s).  Great dynamic and solid bass with no boom.  I do have room treatments but with regard to bass treatment no more than most of those on this site that use treatments.

Best,
Ed

roscoeiii

Thanks for that info Ed.

TomS, if you need an oasis away from the shopping, feel free to come by and we'll spin some vinyl.

TomS

Thanks for that info Ed.

TomS, if you need an oasis away from the shopping, feel free to come by and we'll spin some vinyl.
Oh man, you're killing me  8)

We're dropping my daughter and her friend at the Bon Iver concert at UIC Friday night, then a nice dinner with my bride. Saturday is all Michigan Avenue. In the old days I'd sneak away to visit hi-fi shops on Clark and such, but sadly no more.

Ebag is right. I doubt the OB's would overload the room, but you do need some space (3-5') behind them for best effect and treatments wouldn't hurt either. Note these amps are XLR input too so no PEQ on-board. I use a DCX2496 anyway.

Tom

roscoeiii

Yeah, that's sadly 3-5' I don't have.

Regardless, invite stands.

If you haven't picked out a place for dinner, check out A Tavola. A real gem of an Italian place. Best gnocchi I have ever had and nice hearty dishes well matched to the cooler temps. Not to far from UIC, and easy to find parking. Publican is another great one.

gooberdude

Dude, A Tavola is one my favorite tiny spots in Chicago.  I'd always take dates there.

No joke, best gnocchi i've ever had, period.  you make me miss the windy city!

roscoeiii

I won't tell you where I had lunch then. Might be too much for you to take.

gooberdude

You already dropped a tavola & publican.  Why not drive the blade in deeper?

I was supposed to drive up this coming weekend to see the Greyhounds at the Boulevard Cafe. Dyin' to have a dog at Bangers & Lace, and make it out to the Rajun' Cajun' in Hyde Park.

roscoeiii

Z&H.

You're also more than welcome to swing by to spin some records if you are in town.

gooberdude

I consider Tim & Sam good friends, immense talent.  I visited Z&H every day for over a yr.  Is it the Tenzing Norgay?  yup!

I worked for MAC apartments for 2 yrs in HP.  kinda forgot you're a S Sider!  MAC just bought the huge Regents bldg on LSD, where Obama plays b ball every morning when he's in town.

to not derail a good thread, i will add that i've just commissioned Bob in StL to build these same bass cabinets for my (4) GR ob servo subs, and have been waiting 5 months for a new Rhythmik A370 servo amp as they have become unobtanium.  Whomever buys this is getting a helluva deal.  Wish I had XLR