AVA will display at RMAF, Room 1107

avahifi

AVA will display at RMAF, Room 1107
« on: 11 Oct 2011, 04:00 pm »
Just in case any of you missed this, Audio by Van Alstine will be displaying in room 1107 at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest this coming weekend.

We will have two complete sets of our new Fet Valve equipment: Fet Valve preamplifier, Fet Valve DAC, and both the Fet Valve 600R and 400R amplifiers.  All feature our newest hybrid electronics and new cosmetics.

We will be driving two sets of Salk speakers, a set of Soundscape 12s in the main system and a set of Songtowers at the other end of the room.

We have a huge and listenable room this time, I believe it is 19" x 39", large enough to really let the music sing out full range and for two complete separate systems (both not playing at the same time of course).

We will be using all new Bluejeans cables and the Kingrex UC192 USB to SPDIF converters to allow high bit rate play back with our new DACs.  We will also have a CD transport available for playback of your pet CDs too.

We think we will have an especially great music presentation for you this year, come and listen and stay a while.  We will happy to meet your there again.

Best regards,

Frank Van Alstine

dminches

Re: AVA will display at RMAF, Room 1107
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2011, 07:48 pm »
Frank, I am looking forward to spending time listening to the new equipment this weekend.

Will you be selling any equipment over the weekend?  Any chance there will be RMAF discounts if we purchase over the weekend?

avahifi

« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2011, 08:07 pm »
RMAF discounts?  I had not even thought about that.  Go ahead and ask me about this if you are really interested when you visit our room and hear the new equipment.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

mark funk

« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2011, 09:59 pm »
I have not been for a few years. That well be cool that the Van Alstine Room (1107) is much larger then when I was there in 06. I want to hear the new 600R put a little juice to those SS-12s in a nice big room!
That's AVA, room 1107, juice for all those Salk speakers!  :thumb:

:smoke:

pardales

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2011, 08:08 pm »
Any pics/impressions/report from the show?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2011, 08:45 pm »
Any pics/impressions/report from the show?

Yes, see here and under the RMAF coverage threads that are all over the forum.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=99614.msg1003554#msg1003554

pardales

« Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2011, 09:02 pm »
Yes, see here and under the RMAF coverage threads that are all over the forum.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=99614.msg1003554#msg1003554

Thanks. Saw that and the other threads but was asking specifically for more about the AVA/Salk room. Didn't see much about this room specifically and so thought I might get some feedback in the Van Alstine forum.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2011, 09:26 pm »
Thanks. Saw that and the other threads but was asking specifically for more about the AVA/Salk room. Didn't see much about this room specifically and so thought I might get some feedback in the Van Alstine forum.

I would recommend that you post in that thread and see what you get.

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #8 on: 17 Oct 2011, 10:32 pm »
Are you aware you're posting in the AVA circle?

I would recommend that you post in that thread and see what you get.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: 17 Oct 2011, 10:39 pm »
Are you aware you're posting in the AVA circle?

Yep.

trebejo

« Reply #10 on: 17 Oct 2011, 10:54 pm »
Here's some impressions posted on audiogon,

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ymisc&1318822616

I would not pay much attention to "reviews" from tendentious fellows that like to peddle magic wires, they'll never like Frank for all the obvious reasons.

As for this jtwrace fellow, he still owes us a list of all the fantastic preamps that use power regulation as well or better than AVA,

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=94021.msg938605#msg938605

I guess he just comes here to piss on Frank and move on. Kinda sad fella...

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: 18 Oct 2011, 12:02 am »
Here's some impressions posted on audiogon,

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ymisc&1318822616

I would not pay much attention to "reviews" from tendentious fellows that like to peddle magic wires, they'll never like Frank for all the obvious reasons.

As for this jtwrace fellow, he still owes us a list of all the fantastic preamps that use power regulation as well or better than AVA,

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=94021.msg938605#msg938605

I guess he just comes here to piss on Frank and move on. Kinda sad fella...

:lol: :roll:

All of those great mags like to give props to AVA though.  Why would you bash them?   :scratch:  Oh and AVA now has IEC connectors...AVA has changed their belief otherwise they wouldn't have changed. 

rcag_ils

« Reply #12 on: 18 Oct 2011, 12:07 am »
Yep, it's unfair for the AVA equipment being unnoticed, and Salk gets all the attention.

I suggest next time in the show, Frank put a big sign in front, or on the sides of both speakers that says "driven by AVA".

Also have some equipment there just for display purpose, and not to drive anything.

rcag_ils

« Reply #13 on: 18 Oct 2011, 12:10 am »
Oh and AVA now has IEC connectors...AVA has changed their belief otherwise they wouldn't have changed. 

AVA hasn't change their belief at all, they still believe IEC connector, or removeable power cord doesn't do a damn thing for sound, they offer it so you can learn a lesson and find out for yourself instead of forcing their belief on you.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2011, 01:31 pm by rcag_ils »

trebejo

« Reply #14 on: 18 Oct 2011, 12:15 am »
:lol: :roll:

All of those great mags like to give props to AVA though.  Why would you bash them?   :scratch:  Oh and AVA now has IEC connectors...AVA has changed their belief otherwise they wouldn't have changed.

Derailing the thread is becoming your specialty, eh? The guy wanted comments on the AVA/Salk or Salk/AVA room at RMAF, and all you've done is try to redirect to a thread started by Mr. Magicwire himself, which does nothing to answer the OP's request.

If you have nothing to say about it, then why do this? And when are you going to give us the long list of preamps that have power regulation on a par with AVA's?

Meanwhile, Frank just keeps putting out excellent hardware to make music sound great in our rooms...

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 18 Oct 2011, 12:16 am »
Meanwhile, Frank just keeps putting out excellent hardware to make music sound great in our rooms...

And that is all that matters at the end of the day.  AVA customers are happy.   :D

trebejo

« Reply #16 on: 18 Oct 2011, 12:59 am »
Yep, it's unfair for the AVA equipment being unnoticed, and Salk gets all the attention.

I suggest next time in the show, Frank put a big sign in front, or on the sides of both speakers that says "driven by AVA".

Also have some equipment there just for display purpose, and not to drive anything.

Sounds like a good idea, makes you wonder why it hasn't been done before?! I think both manufacturers benefit from sharing reputations. Honest, great service at a fair--even better than fair--price, with devices made by humans and not robots nor humans treated like robots. The synergy deserves to be advertised even if in the end the Salk buyer does not use AVA or viceversa--it gives greater insight into the how or why of both companies.

Now, onto the question of why people forget the wall-plugged side of the equation... perhaps this is in the nature of the beast? These shows are probably there for the speakers, really. I know, it may not be the way we might think of it, but proceeding apace, do we really need an audio show to find out how these amps sound? They are pretty easy to ship, you can buy two or three different used ones and test them out, etc.

Speakers however really have a "strong personality", and it's the first and possibly the last thing you notice in any music room you have not seen before. So it seems that, psychoacoustically, you are forced to think a lot more about the speakers in an unfamiliar room than the electronics.

Pez

« Reply #17 on: 18 Oct 2011, 01:30 am »
I'll chime in. The AVA room was a mixed bag this year. The Soundscape system was iffy. I was there at the beginning of the first day so bear that in mind. The Song tower setup with the Ultravalve knocked it out of the park for me. Great system and I was thoroughly impressed. I loved the look of the setup overall and they did a hell of a job with setup. Unlike most vendors AVA took the time to treat their room so great job to everyone on that front. Any way the Songtower/Ultravalve setup was one of the greats for me.

Art_Chicago

« Reply #18 on: 18 Oct 2011, 02:45 am »
I'll chime in. The AVA room was a mixed bag this year. The Soundscape system was iffy. I was there at the beginning of the first day so bear that in mind. The Song tower setup with the Ultravalve knocked it out of the park for me. Great system and I was thoroughly impressed. I loved the look of the setup overall and they did a hell of a job with setup. Unlike most vendors AVA took the time to treat their room so great job to everyone on that front. Any way the Songtower/Ultravalve setup was one of the greats for me.

that is cool. Glad to see some positive review. I own the SongTowers but SS'12 are in a completely different league, imho. String timbres and dynamics.  I heard them driven by not the latest AVA gear, but I cannot imagine the sound changed to the worse with the newest amps. I believe Jim was going to take the same pair of SS'12 for RMAF that he brought to Chicago a month ago.

pansixt

« Reply #19 on: 18 Oct 2011, 03:20 pm »

I didn't want to say anything about that to Frank, but I did mention to Dean that I wished there was a card or something by the AVA gear identifying it as "AVA Ultravalve", "AVA 600R Hybrid Amp" etc.

They did have the 400R there that could have been a stand alone display also.

Frank was able to greet some people and explain the equipment. But lots of folks just do a quick glance and if nothing catches their eyes or ears, they move on as it is such a big show.

Maybe next show Frank will consider this more.

James