all corners

drummermitchell

all corners
« on: 5 Oct 2011, 03:46 pm »
as the front corners (wall ceiling corners) we put basstraps,does putting them on the floorwall corners do exactly the
same thing or are the wall to ceiling corners better(just trying to compare the two if I was just going to do the floor wall corners,thanks.

Big Red Machine

Re: all corners
« Reply #1 on: 5 Oct 2011, 04:02 pm »

I use floor-wall traps because I had them and I can.  Biggest build-up is in the tri-corners but bass still builds at the floor-wall and wall-ceiling intersections.  Corners give the biggest bang for the buck in noticeable improvement.  Soffit traps by GIK would also work on the floor.  You know GIK stole my idea of the standalone trap and now sell it, owing me much in licensing fees!!!  :wink: Those are my stand-alones lying on their sides sans feet.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2011, 04:08 pm »
Nice Pete. We'll get right on that...  :lol:

From a decay time standpoint yes - the wall/floor junctions are just as effective as wall/wall junctions. That said, there are times where the wall/floor is actually MORE of a benefit if there are problems with woofers floor loading and distance issues with side firing drivers.

Bryan

drummermitchell

« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2011, 12:14 am »
Big Red,looks like your fully trapped.
I do have tri's,now that I'm trying to see if I can put in a scope screen(which will extend a bit past the tri's 6" or so.
I'd like to keep the corner tri's(WC)plus use what's left to put below the screen(2) would do 8ft.
If I can make the screen work(waiting for Stewart)with the tri's,then I'll either do tri's along the top wall-ceiling or
buy a few soffit traps.
As we just finished repainting I took all my tri's' 244's,242's down and started over.
So now just one back corner loaded wth tri's and 2X244's at first reflections(seem to like more than the 242's there).
I'll see if I can post a pict.

« Last Edit: 6 Oct 2011, 01:54 am by drummermitchell »

drummermitchell

« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2011, 12:16 am »

BEFORE THE REPAINT
« Last Edit: 6 Oct 2011, 01:53 am by drummermitchell »

drummermitchell

« Reply #5 on: 6 Oct 2011, 12:24 am »

fresh paint
the tape is for 109"(w/o frame)+120"w/o frame,add 5" all around tapes for the frame.
As you can see,the screen frame will be in the way of the tri's,even the 109" screen(unless a curved screen might be just ahead of the tri's).I think the curved come out around 8" at 40 degree curve.
I sent Stewart a pict,so we'll see :scratch:..