SOLD: JVC QL-Y66F, $350

wilsynet

SOLD: JVC QL-Y66F, $350
« on: 29 Sep 2011, 06:04 am »
JVC QL-Y66F turntable and arm

Direct drive, fully automatic
Plinth is mass loaded with 8 lbs of plast-i-clay
Adjustments for VTF, VTA, anti-skating, q-damping.
Sonically excellent, fully functional and keeps perfect speed.
Herbie's Way Excellent II Mat
Herbie's Tenderfeet

Minor cosmetic imperfection detailed in third photo.

Cartridge not included.

Asking $350, including PayPal fees and shipping to the US.

« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2011, 09:21 pm by wilsynet »

gprro

Re: FS: JVC QL-Y66F, $350
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2011, 09:19 am »
Interested pm sent

gprro

Re: FS: JVC QL-Y66F, $350
« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2011, 10:56 pm »
Pm again, sold to me hopefully! :green:

wilsynet

Re: SOLD: JVC QL-Y66F, $350
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2011, 09:21 pm »
SOLD

TheChairGuy

« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2011, 01:24 pm »
The type of feet used on this deck is EVERYTHING gprro (assuming u bought it)

Feedback is a major issue with this deck and futzing around with feet curtail the issue. Think primarily soft, absorbent feet for it over hard - the hard ones create a feedback loop that cycles back into the plinth with disastrous results.

There's prob at least two topics on this deck and or other wood body JVC's that suffered from feedback, on JVC tables of this era. They look good, but sound terrible until feedback is tamed.

Enjoy - I do with mine very much.

gprro

« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2011, 01:44 pm »
Hi, thanks Chairguy! I've been reading over a couple of those threads. At some point I may try to cnc a new plinth, that will take some research though. If I have some question, I may pm you if that's ok, or start a new thread. Curious actually what ever happened with yours that the arm went bad. I might try to buy another for spare parts at some time too. I think I'm more exited about this than my mac mini and dac..

wilsynet

« Reply #6 on: 1 Oct 2011, 02:19 pm »
Feet are Herbie's tender feet, and I put the deck on two Ikea Lack tables with brass spikes on the Lack legs.  I didn't find feedback to be a problem, at least not once I had done all the things you suggested I do.  I think it's a great deck, I just haven't listened to vinyl in awhile and this needed a good home.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #7 on: 1 Oct 2011, 02:24 pm »
PM away...but note I'm stuck in Europe on business thru Monday - working from iPhone on wifi at my hotel in Frankfurt now.

Laptop (and passport!) got stolen in Lille, France (smash and grab into rhe van rented for the week) this past Tuesday - MAJOR bummer.

The unit you bought is unique to my knowledge - the few Ql-Y66F's I've ever seen have a rosewood base and all black straight arm (when new these babies also came with curved arm in addition, but they don't seem to make it 30 years later for sale). The one you bought is pretty fetching in blond and silver arm  :D

There is so much electronics in these babies I'm not sure how much extra parts there are aside from basic platter and a couple other mechanical doo-dads. I still have my old, non working one.

He issue with it is that it touches down on the record okay...but immediately foes back to start (scraping the disk along the way - oof!)

It's prob just one bad part - perhaps a simple fix - but I am I'll equipped to find it myself. And so it sits idle for the past couple years now.

By and large it's replacement has, too as I enjoy the VPI Classic...but I'm starting to miss the ease of full automatic playing (my listening is during work hours typically)

John

gprro

« Reply #8 on: 4 Oct 2011, 03:43 am »
Aarrgggg, sorry to hear about the passport and computer. That's kind of a pain to deal with... I might have a couple setup and general cart questions ( I have a few to choose from), no rush though. It's on it's way across the country, should be here end of the week maybe. Wilson packed it up really well too, only way I could see a problem is if it falls upside down 10-15 feet while also haveing a safe or somthing fall on top of it, haha. Knock on wood...

Yeah, I read in some old posts, the original seller said it had been re-veneered, and there were a few tables that had interchangeable arm wands as well, silver probably came from one of them. Sounds like it was looked over by Classic Audio in the last couple years too. Should be good!