Roger Waters on Jimmy Fallon tonight

acresm22

Roger Waters on Jimmy Fallon tonight
« on: 27 Sep 2011, 08:09 pm »
In addition to interview, Roger is scheduled to perform with Foo Fighters as backup band. Should be fun!

John Casler

Re: Roger Waters on Jimmy Fallon tonight
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2011, 09:15 pm »
Additionally:  All this week is Pink Floyd Week apparantly to publicize the re-release of DSOM.

For the longest time I didn't want to like Fallon, but on the whole, he has (IMHO) eclipsed all the other Late Night Talk Shows by a considerable measure.

He has great Talent himself, he has great guests, a very HIP band, a good sideman, and the format is totally adequate.

Only downside is the time slot.  (as I need my sleep)

lokie

« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2011, 11:01 pm »
For the longest time I didn't want to like Fallon, but on the whole, he has (IMHO) eclipsed all the other Late Night Talk Shows by a considerable measure.

He has great Talent himself, he has great guests, a very HIP band, a good sideman, and the format is totally adequate.

Only downside is the time slot.  (as I need my sleep)

My sentiments exactly but I get by the time slot issue w Tivo.

Rockers seem to love his show as well.  Springsteen, Richards to name a few... guys you never see on other talk shows.

His spoof on Neil Young, where he plays the bubble gum pop song of the day with his guests (Springsteen, Crosby & Nash)  with a very folky serious face is always really funny.

Ever seen him do the hip hop compilations with Justin Timberlake? .

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2011, 12:07 am »
My sentiments exactly but I get by the time slot issue w Tivo.

Rockers seem to love his show as well.  Springsteen, Richards to name a few... guys you never see on other talk shows.

His spoof on Neil Young, where he plays the bubble gum pop song of the day with his guests (Springsteen, Crosby & Nash)  with a very folky serious face is always really funny.

Ever seen him do the hip hop compilations with Justin Timberlake? .

100% agree.  Saw him do the Neil Young/Springteen skit the other night and thoght the Springsteen character was also impersonating and it turned out to be the BOSS himself (with a wig).

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2011, 12:09 am »
In addition to interview, Roger is scheduled to perform with Foo Fighters as backup band. Should be fun!

In addition to the Foo Fighters, one of the other bands doing a Pink Floyd cover this week is like Nirvana or someone like that (check your local listings for the exact band/I was half asleep when I heard it) :duh:

lokie

« Reply #5 on: 2 Oct 2011, 06:00 pm »
In addition to the Foo Fighters, one of the other bands doing a Pink Floyd cover this week is like Nirvana or someone like that

You're probably thinking of Pearl Jam.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #6 on: 2 Oct 2011, 06:20 pm »

Pearl Jam did a very nice cover of "Mother" on Friday night's show.  On Wednesday night, the Foo Fighters and Roger Waters played "In The Flesh".  I thought it was ok, not great.

George

John Casler

« Reply #7 on: 2 Oct 2011, 07:53 pm »

Yes, I missed the show but that is the band. 

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #8 on: 2 Oct 2011, 09:10 pm »
Pearl Jam did a very nice cover of "Mother" on Friday night's show.  On Wednesday night, the Foo Fighters and Roger Waters played "In The Flesh".  I thought it was ok, not great.

George

Pearl Jam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mPTZ-s2inY

Foo Fighters and Roger Waters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em8yyVZrs54&feature=related