SOLD! Periphery Ring HW-19 $170 Shipped

orthobiz

SOLD! Periphery Ring HW-19 $170 Shipped
« on: 26 Sep 2011, 12:04 am »

This is a rare and tasty item. Not an original VPI, no longer in production. This will fit platters that are less than 12" in diameter, like the "Mk" series. The ring sits on the outer groove of the record and does not center itself on the platter. I am attaching pics that show the record on YOUR platter has to overlap a bit in order for this to work.

And you need a rigid platter/bearing/plinth combo, so Linn and AR owners need not consider it as you will be left with your platter scraping your plinth. And owners of "oversized" VPI platters, including the Super Platter and Classic Platter, can't use this ring.

I rate it an 8/10, it weighs 4 lb. 10 oz. and has a patina to it but is not truly blemished. I'm sure you could shine it up if desired, but I leave that up to you. All my items are guaranteed so buy with confidence.

No PayPal, no shipping, no worries. My only disclaimer is that while the ring is effective, it is not for the faint of heart. It has to be "centered" a bit because it sits purely on the record bead. It isn't hard to get the hang of it. And I own one or two records that have enough flash leftover from manufacture that the ring doesn't fit. Great for those of us who frequent the $1 bin and garage sales, no more warps!

Or, for twice the price you could get a TTweights ring that weighs half as much...

I do not know the manufacturer, I am the second owner. It is designed specifically for the VPI Mk III. It is NOT made by VPI nor TTweights.

Paul
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2011, 01:17 am by orthobiz »

orthobiz

Re: SOLD! Periphery Ring HW-19 $170 Shipped
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2011, 01:15 am »
Sold. I accidentally deleted the pics...

Paul