Anyone knows how the Simplex compares to an Amadeus or Well Tempered Reference?

Gopher

I just sold my Well Tempered Reference to a fellow ACer today and my target shelf is looking very lonely without a table on top of it.  My original plan was to try and get something in the 1000-1500 range to replace it, pulling about a grand out of my rig, but with the Amadeus being 2850, I imagine the Simplex will likely be in the $2k or under range (maybe $1999ish?).

Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how it would fare against the Ref or Amadeus.  In an ideal world I'd snag the Amadeus, but it would sort of defeat the point of my exercise (removing funds from rig) to go that route.  Who knows though, I've wavered on plans before...

roscoeiii

Not sure that the Simplex is being distributed in the US yet. You'd gave to check with dealers on that. IIRC, some New Zealand reviews compare the 2. But those may have been at a dealer's site, so take it with a grain of salt...

DavidS

this review got me looking at well tempered...I purchased an Amadeus and am loving it

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/wtl_simplex.htm

code4246

amadeus best, reference next, simplex honorable 3rd.

with $1000-1500 you're better off with an original wt turntable or record player.

mgsboedmisodpc2

A canadian WTA importer wrote "It is up to TOFFCO to decide if they want to import the Simplex or not.  charisma@rogers.com
  do carry it in Canada."