Questions for HT3 owners

revrob

Questions for HT3 owners
« on: 10 Sep 2011, 06:34 pm »
Greetings,

I have owned my HT3s for about a 18 months. They have been great speakers. I have upgraded my amps (Wyred SX-1000 mono blocks), my preamp (Purity Audio Design) and the beat goes on. Source is a Cary SACD Cd-306 (may go to a music server soon).

I purchased the Salks used and they are in great condition. The person I purchase the speakers from will be shortly selling his Ridge Street Audio Sasons. I maybe interested in buying them.

In your opinions would the Sasons be a lateral move, an upgrade or a downgrade. I listen mostly to jazz, Christian Gospel / Contemporary most of the time. This is for 2-channel only. I rarely turn my music way up.

Please no answers, like only you would know if you like the sound or hear them for yourself (impossible). I am just look for some reasonable comparison in sound. I know I would lose some bottom end but just looking for some feedback.

I do appreciate any comments.

Thanks,
Steve

Big Red Machine

Re: Questions for HT3 owners
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2011, 07:14 pm »
I wonder if you would get better responses by putting the Sasons comparison in the title and moving it into a non-Salk circle?  Maybe you would attract Sason owners quicker who could give their take.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2011, 08:55 pm »
I wonder if you would get better responses by putting the Sasons comparison in the title and moving it into a non-Salk circle?  Maybe you would attract Sason owners quicker who could give their take.

Good advice Pete.

If you want to get some feedback on what the Sasons sound like, you can ping ted_b.

George

ratso

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2011, 08:58 pm »
all i can think about with a 300 lb. stand mounted monitor is what a disaster waiting to happen that seems like (fido, are you okay?).

revrob

« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2011, 09:16 pm »
Thanks guys. I probably just stay with the Salks anyway. I was just curious.