Rear projection TV connection question

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Rear projection TV connection question
« on: 9 Sep 2011, 05:13 pm »
Hi:

I have a Hitachi 57S500 that I purchased new. About 6 months after my purchase, I had Chad B. perform a calibration in which he also removed the protective screen. The TV has performed admirably over the years and recently I removed the front screen and vacuumed the dust out, cleaned and polished the three light guns and painted all metals and light particle boards black. I put it back together and performed a convergence and the TV looks pretty darned good!  :D

I also have an older Marantz SR7200 5.1 receiver(cannot do the latest Codecs) along with an OPPO 971 DVD player.

I recently purchased a Pioneer Elite SC-35 receiver from COSTCO along with a Panasonic Blu-ray Player DMP-BDT210. I also bought the following items from Monoprice:

1 6ft 24AWG CL2 HDMI DVI Cable
2 3ft 24AWG CL2 High Speed HDMI Cables

I plan on running a HDMI cable from my DISH Vip622 receiver to the new receiver. As well as running a HDMI cable from the Blu-ray Player to the new receiver. Finally, I will run the HDMI-DVI cable from the receiver to the DVI connection on the 57S500 TV.

Am I missing anything? By the way, the 57S500 resides in our family room where we do the bulk of our TV viewing. I have also confirmed that my 57S500 is a HDCP compliant HDTV.

The new additions will only be temporary until I finish my HT room in our basement, where the SC-35 will reside with a yet to be purchased OPPO-93/95 and also a front projector.

Thanks,

Randy

WC

Re: Rear projection TV connection question
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2011, 05:55 pm »
Sounds like it should work.