Anyone have a list of OB speakers that are coaxial/coincidental

capwkidd

I really like coaxial/coincidental speakers, like the Tannoy's. Anyone have a list of OB manufacturers that make such designs? Looks like GR Research is one of them, how are they? Any others? Thanks!

gooberdude

Hawthorne Audio uses co-axs        :thumb:

jackman

Ladydog has a really nice pair of Ronin speakers for sale on this site.  I've listened to them extensively and they sound amazing.  They are OB and use high quality Seas coax drivers and have a sealed bass unit.  These are some of the best sounding speakers I have ever heard. 

richidoo

All Quad electrostatic panels except ESL-57 use circular anodes to create a simulated point source. It works very well.

TomS

GR Super-V/V1/V2, Emerald Physics, Hawthorne, and Ronins (sadly no longer available).

I agree with Jackman 100% on the Ronins. They were simply amazing speakers at that kind of price point, especially with powered woofers.

panomaniac

P.Audio also do nice coax drivers.  Alas they no longer make the 18" coax.  It's killer on OB.
GR uses the P.Audio coaxes in their rigs.

Selenium used to make an affordable coax, but it just did not sell.  "Nobody buys coax."

rick57

Pano

What lower Hz did you cross the P.Audio 18" coax at?

aragon63

• Dorian, Lydian, Phrygian,Jazz Minor

panomaniac

Acoustically the 18" coax crosses at about 750Hz.  Electically it's different, to make up for the OB.