Grateful Dead - The Complete Europe '72 box set has arrived :-)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!

zybar

• Volunteer
thanks,

how have you been?  its been a long time.  hope your good?

Been good.  Don't really get to see you and the NY guys anymore since moving up to the Boston area.  If you make it up this way, let me know - you have any open invite.

I am about halfway through the first show in the box set and I am very happy with the sound quality.  If the rest is this good, I am going to be one happy camper.

George

DeadFish

Thanks 'Wolfie'!
I was starting to wonder if I was going to hear any more of that tour...being completely ignorant of the subject set coming in. 
Woo-Hoo!

All the Best,
                DeadFish

Mike Nomad

Beware of grit in the individual show jackets. I've created minor scratches on a disc from pulling it out of the jacket. From now on, a quick blast of canned air when spinning for the first time... What a drag...

zybar

• Volunteer
My box set is completely ripped (with individual show cover art) and available for listening.   :thumb:

The other thing to be careful of is not lifting too hard when pulling the cd's out of the jackets.  I created a few small tears because I wanted to have clearance between the cd and jacket when pulling them out.

Any favorite shows yet?

George

rbbert

Especially of the shows which didn't already circulate in excellent quality, 4-29-72 is a standout.

zybar

• Volunteer
Especially of the shows which didn't already circulate in excellent quality, 4-29-72 is a standout.

Thanks.

I'll start with this show today.

George

bummrush

Sounds weird but just the very start of disc one show one was cool because they just ripped into it and it was like here we go

zybar

• Volunteer
Listening to London 5/26/72 and it is outstanding.

George

Berto

I'm so pumped buying this off old frat brother after he rips it. Enjoyin this thread for the insider info  :thumb:

bprice2

Beware of grit in the individual show jackets. I've created minor scratches on a disc from pulling it out of the jacket. From now on, a quick blast of canned air when spinning for the first time... What a drag...

I'll second that.  Very fine bits of paper from the jacket can be found on the disks when you take them out for the first time. 

Mike, you must be cut from the same piece of genius as I.  :roll:  Canned air...works like a charm.   :thumb:

jriggy

Am I the only nerd deadhead that is going to do these shows in order???  :oops:

Mike Nomad

I'll second that.  Very fine bits of paper from the jacket can be found on the disks when you take them out for the first time. 

Mike, you must be cut from the same piece of genius as I.  :roll:  Canned air...works like a charm.   :thumb:

Canned Air: The Duct Tape of IT... :bowdown:

@ Jason: I'm doing the same thing. The boys recorded them in order, everybody who went to the shows went in order, what make's me so special?

zybar

• Volunteer
Canned Air: The Duct Tape of IT... :bowdown:

@ Jason: I'm doing the same thing. The boys recorded them in order, everybody who went to the shows went in order, what make's me so special?

Because I can!   :lol:

George

bprice2

Oh wow...I'm kinda bummed.  I can't seem to rip the last show (22).  Anyone else having this problem?

zybar

• Volunteer
Oh wow...I'm kinda bummed.  I can't seem to rip the last show (22).  Anyone else having this problem?

Nope.

The whole set ripped quickly and cleanly for me.

What exactly is happening?  What program are you using?

George

bprice2

Here is what I've figured out.  Disc 2 of show 22 appears to be a blank disc.  My computer won't read it and neither will my CD player.  I spoke to a customer service agent at Dead.net and I should be receiving a replacement disc.  I was told it would take a little time and to be patient...ugh.

zybar

• Volunteer
Here is what I've figured out.  Disc 2 of show 22 appears to be a blank disc.  My computer won't read it and neither will my CD player.  I spoke to a customer service agent at Dead.net and I should be receiving a replacement disc.  I was told it would take a little time and to be patient...ugh.

If you have access to a FTP server, I would gladly upload the ripped disc.

Let me know.

George