Squeezebox 2 connectivity issues

Nick B

Squeezebox 2 connectivity issues
« on: 28 Aug 2011, 03:26 am »
I think I've had it with my SB 2. I used to have all my music on my wired XP desktop. I had some connectivity problems , but could get it to work most of the time. Ever since I installed my music and squeezeserver software on my wireless Win 7 laptop, it has been an absolute nightmare. Squeezeserver runs, but cannot connect. There is always the same error claiming a proxy server and issues with ports 3483 and 9000.
I have been on level 2 support with my ISP, Kaspersky and Logitech. I have uninstalled Kaspersky and bypassed the router by connecting my laptop to the ethernet cable. We have run numerous diagnostics and nothing works. There does appear to be a common thread when I can get it to work. If I do a version update or uninstall a current version and go back to a previous version, I get a connection. As soon as I do a restart, the connection is blocked again. I am trying to use the laptop so I can use the interface rather than the crummy remote. If anyone has any final ideas, pls speak up. Otherwise I am going to look for another music server.
Thanks,  Nick