Sanders 10C

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
Sanders 10C
« on: 26 Aug 2011, 12:39 am »
Anyone have these?  If so, what did they replace?

rw@cn

Re: Sanders 10C
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2011, 11:55 am »
Never had them but have extensively listened to a pair with Sanders electronics . These are great speakers with a very limited sweet spot. To my eyes, the speakers could have a better look. Mr. Sanders is a gentleman and an outstanding engineer. His products are always great. He was instrumental in the Innersound products (the story is bit convoluted) and still supports those products.

I am thinking of replacing my electronics with the Sanders pre and power amp. But with this economy it may take awhile.

Visit the Martin Logan owners site http://gator11.hostgator.com/~tdacquis/forum/index.php? and search for Sanders. There are a good number of posts regarding Mr. Sanders and his products.

catastrofe

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2011, 11:59 am »
Thanks.  I have his Magtech powering my Salk Soundscapes.  Fantastic amplifier.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2011, 02:27 pm »
Definitely different presentation from Soundscapes.  I had a chance to monopolize Roger at RMAF for about half an hour and had a real good discussion on his 10x speakers 3 years ago.  We discussed about panel curvature (lack there of), crossover (electronic) and bass reflex design.  He has his philosophy and has been perfecting it for decades.  Sounds pretty damn good if you ask me.  I also had his ESL amp from Innersound days and it was an excellent amp for dynamic speakers as well.  There are so many different ways to get great sound.  The successful ones are the ones who finally get the right implementation of a design.  The devil is in the details.

catastrofe

« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2011, 04:02 pm »
Would love to hear more about the differences in presentation. . .