Steve's funny story

jsalk

Steve's funny story
« on: 24 Aug 2011, 05:15 pm »
Steve's new speakers (SongTowers and SongCenter) arrived yesterday he sent me this message yesterday evening.  I thought you might get a kick out of reading it...

Jim:

Speakers arrived safe and sound.  They look and sound beautiful!

Funny story (and even better since its true) - I unpacked and assembled the speakers early this afternoon.  After first listening to each individually to be sure everything sounded OK I moved them into my basement home theater and proceeded to listen to some of your demo cd (fantastic, by the way). While listening to a song with a particularly strong drum/percussion part my wife shouts downstairs to stop whatever it is I'm doing because its shaking the house.  I'm thinking, wow I don't even have the subwoofer on, these really are impressive.

I come to find out later it really was an earthquake!

I have to admit I was a little let down, but at least I was able to tell my wife it wasn't me this time.

Steve

- Jim

Big Red Machine

Re: Steve's funny story
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2011, 05:24 pm »
Steve's new speakers (QuakeTowers and SeismicCenter) arrived yesterday he sent me this message yesterday evening.  I thought you might get a kick out of reading it...

Warpdrv

• There's NO ESCAPING the SoundScape !!
« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2011, 05:29 pm »
Now thats pee in the pants funny....  :icon_lol:

Perfect Timing.....

gregcss

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2011, 07:38 pm »
lol good one.  :lol:

Saturn94

« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2011, 07:43 pm »
Glad it wasn't so bad that we can laugh about it now. :)

I wasn't laughing much yesterday when the 6 story building where I work was shaking and swaying. :o

Nuance

« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2011, 12:53 pm »
LOL - scary, but humorous since I can picture myself in that same situation (Brandon- could you please turn that down!!??  You're shaking the house.).

OgOgilby

« Reply #6 on: 25 Aug 2011, 04:18 pm »
 :thumb: Great story!