Lee from Cryo-Parts has Passed Away

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
Re: Lee from Cryo-Parts has Passed Away
« Reply #20 on: 22 Aug 2011, 10:39 pm »
Wow!  So sorry to here this.  Best to all of Lee's family!

TONEPUB

« Reply #21 on: 22 Aug 2011, 10:48 pm »
Lee was a great guy.  He was the first person I met at RMAF when I launched TONE six years ago, so he's always been pretty special.  I too, just talked to him about a week ago so was pretty shocked when Josh called me on Saturday.

He will truly be missed as one of the friendliest guys in the industry....

audio.bill

« Reply #22 on: 22 Aug 2011, 10:52 pm »
I too am shocked and saddened by this news. Lee had been dealing with his wife's ongoing illness for quite some time, but I was unaware that he had any serious health issues himself. He was a rarity in this industry, a very honest and sincere gentlemen who was always a pleasure to deal with. Please keep his loved ones in your thoughts and prayers, as Lee will be missed by many of us.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #23 on: 22 Aug 2011, 10:54 pm »
What was Lee's last name?

Anyone know what illness he had, if it's allowable to be aired?

Rocket_Ronny

Lee Weiland.  I was not privvy to what he might have been fighting....if it's something we can talk about, I'd love to know more and maybe donate to a cure. 

roscoeiii

« Reply #24 on: 22 Aug 2011, 11:10 pm »
Yes, if nyone learns where lee's wife might want donations to be made in his name please let us know.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #25 on: 22 Aug 2011, 11:16 pm »
Judging from an email his friend Josh sent me it was totally unexpected.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #26 on: 22 Aug 2011, 11:42 pm »

Thanks Ted.

Yes, it sounds like it was totally unexpected.

One of the first signs of Heart Disease is sudden death. That's a bad first sign. Not that this is what happened to Lee.

Rocket_Ronny
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2011, 02:06 am by Rocket_Ronny »

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #27 on: 23 Aug 2011, 01:16 am »
Hello Friends -

This is Josh from Sonicweld.  Lee was my best friend and most trusted business advisor for the past twenty years.  I'm the one who confirmed his passing, which occurred sometime this past Friday.  He was only 46 years old.  Life is a fragile thing and can be snuffed out at any moment; it is jarring when someone is taken prematurely.  I'm so grateful for the time I had with my dear friend and for the innumerable cherished memories we created together, and I will miss him beyond my ability to express.  Thank you so much, everyone, for your well wishes, and for your friendship and support to Lee; it means a great deal to me.

Unfortunately Lee's family is left in a very precarious situation.  His wife has cancer, and Lee was the sole breadwinner for the family.  I am working on the establishment of some kind of benefit fund for his family, but the details are yet to be hashed out.  An official announcement about his death is also pending, but as everyone might imagine, there is a great deal to be done this week with the planning of the funeral and the settling of his affairs.

Most Gratefully,

Josh

Gang,
This post from Josh might have gotten missed cuz it was pending until he ping'd me an hour ago (he is friends with the PFO folks who I sent an email to) and I let the mods know to let him through.....  So here it is again.

roscoeiii

« Reply #28 on: 23 Aug 2011, 01:42 am »
Thanks for passing this along Ted. I look forward to seeing what we as an audio community can do to help. And if anyone knows a favorite recording of Lee's I will gladly play it on my system in his memory.

bummrush

« Reply #29 on: 23 Aug 2011, 02:15 am »
Do the same thing that was done for Gary.Set something up where we can donate some cash to the family.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #30 on: 23 Aug 2011, 02:54 am »
Wow, that is a jolt.

I met Lee about 8 years ago in Fort Worth at a get together at Art's house. Lee and I see each other at all the shows and always take time to chat. We have had some phone conversions over the years several times as well. So I wouldn't say that Lee and I were "close" but I knew Lee well enough to know that he was set apart in this industry from the norm. Lee certainly was one of the good guys in this industry and extremely well liked by everyone. He certainly will be missed. My heart really goes out to his family at this time.

Lee will be missed deeply at RMAF this year and I will think of him often while I am there.

rpf

« Reply #31 on: 23 Aug 2011, 06:21 am »
Do the same thing that was done for Gary.Set something up where we can donate some cash to the family.

Seconded. And condolences to his family and friends.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #32 on: 23 Aug 2011, 12:05 pm »
Ohhh, what a crummy shock to read this.

He was such a decent, honest chap - the world was better with him in it.

This is hard to fathom the finality of it all :(

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #33 on: 23 Aug 2011, 12:19 pm »

My condolences to his family.

Lee was a good guy...always very helpful.

Always enjoyed speaking with him at all the RMAF shows that I attended...he was cool.

R.I.P. Lee.... :(

timztunz

« Reply #34 on: 23 Aug 2011, 01:16 pm »
Very sad indeed.  Condolences for the family and friends.  The industry has lost a true gentleman.

JohnR

« Reply #35 on: 23 Aug 2011, 01:18 pm »
That's very sad. I had never had a face to the name before, thank you Chris for posting that.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #36 on: 23 Aug 2011, 01:34 pm »
+1 - Chris- Thank you, I had so many wonderful discussions with him, its just tremendous to see a face. I feel so, so bad for his family....this is a very sad time.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #37 on: 23 Aug 2011, 02:12 pm »
RIP Lee. 

I never got a chance to hang out with you -- only an all too brief hand shake. :cry:
My condolences to the family and friends.

arthurs

« Reply #38 on: 23 Aug 2011, 03:51 pm »
Wow.  This is a real gut punch.  Lee was a really good man who did so much for his family and those who were fortunate enough to know him.  What a loss....rest easy Lee, you will be missed...

Here he is at my place a few years back at the get together Danny mentioned in his post..

jackman

« Reply #39 on: 23 Aug 2011, 03:58 pm »
Please keep us posted if there is a benefit or charity auction for his family.  This is a sad thing but it's good to see everyone get together to show support.  It's very sad to hear his wife is battling cancer at this time.  I can't imagine what she is going through but hope to lend some support.

Regards,
Jack