Pioneer Elite SC 35 Ice powered 140 x 7 Receiver 750.00 from Costco

Ears

750.00 with free shipping and is covered under the return if not satisfied at any time plan.

Phil A

Great deal - thanks -I know someone who was just asking me about the Elite Receivers and is ready to buy

Ears

I don't have mine dialed in completely yet but from what I have heard so far this Ice powered receiver sounds better than any Denon or Onkyo  HTR I have ever heard.
The on board video processing improved my Comcast HD picture as a nice bonus also.

It is also the only receiver I have ever owned that actually puts out its rated power with all channels driven according to measured review results.
These SC version Ice powered Elite receivers seem to be the most reliable on the market from what I have read , and the only two complaints I have are the manual makes set up a lot of work IMO , and the remote is on the cheaper side.

If I had paid list price , I feel I would have got my moneys worth.

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Ears

Thanks for sharing this with us :thumb:  I recently pulled the trigger through COSTCO and it should be at my home in 3 to 4 days.

The SC-35 will be replacing an aging Marantz SR-7002 which while it was a 5.1 receiver, did not have the advanced codecs needed for BR audio.

Although, I still have a rear projection CRT(DVI connection)in the family room which is where the SC-35 will reside for now, I intend on incorporating this into my future HT system to go in my basement.

Looking forward to my new toy. 8)

Regards,

Randy

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
BTW, before any of you guys start snickering at my old and trusty rear projection CRT monster :lol:, I will say the following...

I recently unhinged the screen on my 58" Hitachi Ultravision TV and vacuumed the dust out of the unit.  I then proceeded to polish the three colored light guns and then used a rustoleum black and painted over any possible reflection points such as metal chassis or screws or even light particle board. 

I put it back together again and ran a digital convergence on the TV from a downloaded service manual.

I fired this beast back up and OMG!!  What a nice picture!!  While not quite up to the top of the line plasmas, this TV sure holds its own.  8)  I've got it totally encased in a wall unit so that only the screen shows.

OK, back to the original subject of this thread....

Regards,

Randy

Phil A

For CRTs, I've heard that lining the inside with - Duvetyne  is a nice tweak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duvetyne