Nom de Plume

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Nom de Plume
« on: 19 Aug 2011, 10:35 am »
Hi Folks,

I thought it might be fun to explain how we each came up with our AudioCircle name and or phrase.

My phrase "The Demo is Everything" came from my realization that in audio 'doing' is much more difficut than 'saying'. :thumb:

james
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2011, 03:06 pm by James Tanner »

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
Re: Name de Plume
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2011, 11:26 am »
My name is a play with words: A No Name Mouse, or, a mouse with no name. I used to have a blog where I used it as well.

The phrase +52° 03' 30.45", +4° 32' 45.58" is the geographic location of the playground our house borders on. Google is you r friend there. :)

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2011, 11:55 am »
   "Redbook".....reflects my long ago decision (1989) to make the new, but then sad, CD my prime source for recorded music. It is a show of faith in the digital medium. :dance: :weights: :banana piano:

1oldguy

« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2011, 12:35 pm »
Well ....Lets see......

Much of the music I enjoy is Not whats popular.Infact  if it's in the mainstream today changes are I'm not going to like it.
So I've been told by some that I'm to narrow minded with regard to music.So 1Oldguy was born. :thumb:
To all the kiddies out there reading this, eat your heart out...M&M and Snoop Dog will never play on my gear.lol 8)

SoundGame

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2011, 12:51 pm »
Nothing really special here with the name SoundGame but it does reflect the hobby - which focuses on the sonics and the fun associated with trying new things - it can be quite game-like, at times. 

My caption, reflects the objectives of my system, that being to capture what's on the media via the source.  To hear as close as possible what the engineers intended.  To relay the feeling of being in the recording studio or the live venue where the recording was made.  The better the recording the better the experience.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2011, 01:02 pm »
...nothing special about 'alexone' as there are already lots of 'Alex' registered at AC.

al.

sfraser

« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2011, 02:04 pm »
Sfraser is my corporate handle. I tend to use it for most forums etc. It's boring but easy to remember.

RLL1

« Reply #7 on: 19 Aug 2011, 02:14 pm »
Just my initials. When I registered, RLL was taken, so I tacked a "1" on the end.

Rick

drummermitchell

« Reply #8 on: 19 Aug 2011, 02:21 pm »
For me,that's what I do and last name,just a tad to long though.
Maybe I'll change her to paradiddle or ratamacue,flamtap :scratch:.
                                      Woodchuck :duh:.

loopyground

« Reply #9 on: 19 Aug 2011, 02:49 pm »
I’m sure most of us have experienced problems with ground loops driving us crazy (loopy) so it seemed like “loopyground” would make a good “name de plume” (nom de plume!).

Mag

« Reply #10 on: 19 Aug 2011, 02:55 pm »
Mag, for Magnanimous. 8)

SoundGame

« Reply #11 on: 19 Aug 2011, 02:55 pm »
How about:

PITA...

stands for Pain In The A.s.s.

Doesn't appear to be taken....anyone, anyone?  :lol:

PRELUDE

Re: Nom de Plume
« Reply #12 on: 19 Aug 2011, 03:35 pm »
First time when I visited audiocircle,I was listening to DAVID ARKENSTONE [quest of the dream warrior] and the first song was PRELUDE so I just took it from there.But my avitar is something very serious and will not be changed.By the way I got that from Bryston site.
Now,could some body tell me how can I add PHRASE please?I never thought about that but looks like I am having a problem to do it. :oops:

Mag

« Reply #13 on: 19 Aug 2011, 04:08 pm »
First time when I visited audiocircle,I was listening to DAVID ARKENSTONE [quest of the dream warrior] and the first song was PRELUDE so I just took it from there.But my avitar is something very serious and will not be changed.By the way I got that from Bryston site.
Now,could some body tell me how can I add PHRASE please?I never thought about that but looks like I am having a problem to do it. :oops:
Hey, a Arkenstone fan, I have like 16 or 17 of his albums! 8)

PRELUDE

« Reply #14 on: 19 Aug 2011, 08:30 pm »
Hey, a Arkenstone fan, I have like 16 or 17 of his albums! 8)
I have 12 of them and I thought I have them all. :o

95Dyna

« Reply #15 on: 19 Aug 2011, 08:35 pm »
It's my Harley Davidson, a '95 Dynaglide Convertible aka FXDS.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #16 on: 19 Aug 2011, 09:18 pm »
My name is just my name.
However the story of my avitar is more interesting:
My picture is of Patricia, from the cartoon series "spliced" (Nelvana)
An island with all genetically spliced creatures.
The curious thing is, Patricia is not a spliced creature, she is just a platypus who was there on the island before the doctor set up shop.
All the spliced animals are pretty crazy and the series is basically about the crazy adventures. Patricia takes part in many of them, but is the most 'level headed'.
I feel the same way here, and on the other audio boards. being (usually) the only female poster regularly posting. And the antics of my fellow posters.. well they certainly are interesting.
So that is my avitar. Patricia.

Mag

« Reply #17 on: 19 Aug 2011, 09:46 pm »
I have 12 of them and I thought I have them all. :o

Did a count, have 20. Spirit of the Rainforest, IIRC is Diane Arkenstone.
Native Spirit was my last purchase which I really like. Other favorites, Echoes of Egypt, Frontier, Spirit of Tibet, Spirit of Ireland, Spirit Wind.

Worst IMO, An American Journey. :smoke:

PRELUDE

« Reply #18 on: 19 Aug 2011, 10:13 pm »
Did a count, have 20. Spirit of the Rainforest, IIRC is Diane Arkenstone.
Native Spirit was my last purchase which I really like. Other favorites, Echoes of Egypt, Frontier, Spirit of Tibet, Spirit of Ireland, Spirit Wind.

Worst IMO, An American Journey. :smoke:
Agree :D
I like the Spirit Wind and Native Spirit a lot but sounds like I have to go shopping I am behind by 8.
Do you like DELERIUM or SHADOWFAX?

Mag

« Reply #19 on: 19 Aug 2011, 10:37 pm »
Not familiar with the names.
 Have mostly Kitaro, Tangerine Dream, Yanni, lots of Gary Numan, Ultravox, Vangelis, Klaus Schultze, Ian Boddy, Redshift, Ron Boots, Michael Garrison, Jarre. :P