Disc Drawer Issue

rob80b

Re: Disc Drawer Issue
« Reply #20 on: 20 Aug 2011, 06:22 pm »
At least once a day since the weekend, I have encountered issues with the closing / opening operation of the disc drawer on my BCD. The following scenarios have occurred:

Drawer stopped while closing (disc in tray)

Drawer stopped while closing (no disc in tray)

Drawer stopped while opening (disc in tray)

Drawer opened, and then immediately closed again after opening (disc in tray)

When the drawer is stopped in a partially open position, the open / close button will sometimes move the drawer, but not always in the planned direction. At that point error messages occur. However, if you turn the unit off, and then back on, the drawer returns to the closed position, and all normal functionality returns.

I know I am being optimistic, but I am hoping that others have experienced this, and it has corrected itself once the player is broken in.

Rick

Coincidentally mine just did the same thing last night but had to unplug the BCD-1 to reset :scratch:

Robert

RLL1

Re: Disc Drawer Issue
« Reply #21 on: 20 Aug 2011, 07:20 pm »
Rick :  Good luck with the BDP-1. I hope you got a fair shake from your dealer on the trade-in.

D.D.

D.D.     It was a good deal. Full purchase value for the BCD-1, but the refund for the cost difference between the components, had to be in the form of a store credit versus cash. I have a list as long as my arm for things I need / want, so it worked out ok.

Rick

Rick