PI Audio Diffusion & Other PI Goodies

highfilter

PI Audio Diffusion & Other PI Goodies
« on: 17 Aug 2011, 04:06 am »
I have had about a month of sweet time with a pair of 2x4 ABB1 diffusers and a pair of 2x4 Mr. Ts (OB Diffusers) from PI Audio and Greg and I couldn't get this smile wide enough.

Sat down tonight with all the lights off and just grooved out to some wonderful music and my room just disappeared (and not just because the lights were off).

I placed the Mr. Ts together, directly behind the listening position and the ABB1s on each side of the Mr. Ts - all in a row on the back wall. I got them in black. They look fantastic and do their job very well, especially since I have bass traps behind them. I tried the OB close to the first reflection points but they weren't as effective as behind the listening position. My sweet spot is near field so it could also be why, but I found them on the back wall to be wonderfully effective. I also have GIK QRD Monster Diffusers behind my speakers, so it seems the absorption and diffusion combo on the front and back walls is a winner for my room.

There seems to be more flow and ease to the music and the soundstage is more holographic, with sounds reaching further all around me. They do a great job of getting the room out of the equation. Noticeable is the sense of ease to higher frequencies, especially for stuff like Rush's - Tom Sawyer.

I also received a Mac Sandwich, MPC/Mini+ (for the Mac Mini) and MPC/Source One TD+ (for the Tranquility SE DAC) - and all of these combined with the diffusion has put a big smile on my face. The upgraded MPC/Mini+ is everything the MPC/Mini is but with more transient punch and an overall smoother presentation (aka less digital). The same goes with the MPC/Source One TD+. It replaced a Pangea AC-14SE and the Pangea won't be missed. I haven't removed the Mac Sandwich to compare results with/without it on because I am lazy and everything just sounds so damn good right now. But the build quality is great and it especially looks great with everything put together. I have noticed with the new cables and Mac Sandwich that there's more spooky sound that pops out from the background, so I assume it's a lower noise-floor kind of thing.

A big thanks to Dave and Greg for the fantastic products. Shipping was flawless and the prices are insanely reasonable.  Another win for PI Audio. :thumb:

ADD

• Industry Participant
Re: PI Audio Diffusion & Other PI Goodies
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2011, 03:24 am »
I would like to thank you for your kind words. It is members like you that make this field so fun. Dave is just cooking these days. That brain of his never stops. I swear you can hear gears turning if you get to close to him.
I must admit I have great ideas when he gives them to me.
Thank you our knight in shinning armor
Greg