new Songbirds

Richard in Idaho

new Songbirds
« on: 16 Aug 2011, 11:50 pm »
Finally decided to go ahead and order a pair of Songbirds. The will be in a custom veneer but you will have to wait to see which one.
I will say that I have not seen speakers in the chosen veneer. It's going to be a long six weeks to eight weeks.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: new Songbirds
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2011, 11:57 pm »
Congratulations, I'm anxious to see 'em, but I'll bet not half as much as you.

Richard, if you don't mind me asking, where in Idaho are you? I'm in Boise and rarely see fellow Idahoans post. Then again, maybe your moniker has nothing to do with your location  :)

Richard in Idaho

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2011, 01:15 am »
I am in Meridian. I started using Richard in Idaho back in 2000 when the PT Cruiser Club was started. Now us it all over the Internet.
Do you have Salk speaker? If so which ones? I have wondered how many of them are in Idaho..

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2011, 01:52 am »
Finally decided to go ahead and order a pair of Songbirds. The will be in a custom veneer but you will have to wait to see which one.
I will say that I have not seen speakers in the chosen veneer. It's going to be a long six weeks to eight weeks.

Hi   Do these birds use the 0W1 tweet, or the RAAL?

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2011, 02:27 am »
I am in Meridian. I started using Richard in Idaho back in 2000 when the PT Cruiser Club was started. Now us it all over the Internet.
Do you have Salk speaker? If so which ones? I have wondered how many of them are in Idaho..

Hey, right next door! Don't own Salks, but have been aware of their evolution since the goodle days on the Madisound forum. I imagine you'll love them. I've gone the way of DIYing lately because I love the cabinet work...it's where I cut my teeth years ago.

Right now I have a mix of DIY and store bought. In my "lab" I've got Gershman Acoustics Avant Garde in front, CC-X center and Cameleons in rear. Living room is DIY North Creek Rhythms. Elsewhere (shop) I've got some old Missions and a DIY pair of GR Reasearch AV-2s. Just completing GR sealed subs that I've been posting about since the idea stage...Sub Cabinet Design on Danny's forum if you're interested.

If you're game, I'd love to hear and see the Salks. Likewise you're always welcome here to chew the fat or have a listen or talk about remodeling your bathroom :)

Richard in Idaho

« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2011, 03:21 am »
Hi   Do these birds use the 0W1 tweet, or the RAAL?

OW1. Not sure that my old ears could $700 worth of difference.