Info on LS6 upgrades?

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
Re: Info on LS6 upgrades?
« Reply #20 on: 25 Aug 2011, 11:48 pm »
Not on the door itself but on the floor of the speaker behind the door.

Are all the crossover parts located on the removable lower cover on the backside of the speakers??

edoggrc51

« Reply #21 on: 26 Aug 2011, 12:12 am »
Gotcha! I'll take a look at it tonight and see if it's within my abilities to do the upgrades. :)

shadowlight

« Reply #22 on: 26 Aug 2011, 06:59 pm »
Anyone have pictures related on how stuff poly fill for the bass section?  I might have to do that for the LS6 that I have, since my basement is starting to sound a bit boomy after I finished it.  How much poly fill is required per section?  Nothing special about the poly fill, I can just go to Joann's Fabric store and pick it up correct?

TIA

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 26 Aug 2011, 07:19 pm »
Anyone have pictures related on how stuff poly fill for the bass section?  I might have to do that for the LS6 that I have, since my basement is starting to sound a bit boomy after I finished it.  How much poly fill is required per section?  Nothing special about the poly fill, I can just go to Joann's Fabric store and pick it up correct?

TIA

Fill the cabinet with loose poly fill up to the front port flare. And fill all of the area below the first woofer.

edoggrc51

« Reply #24 on: 30 Aug 2011, 04:38 am »
So I removed the rear door to take a peak at the insides. I noticed there was a couple of caps that had the SONICAPS logo on them. Does that mean they've already been updated???

Danny Richie

« Reply #25 on: 30 Aug 2011, 04:49 am »
So I removed the rear door to take a peak at the insides. I noticed there was a couple of caps that had the SONICAPS logo on them. Does that mean they've already been updated???

All the crossovers used Sonicaps in all the good places. There is still room for improvements though.

edoggrc51

« Reply #26 on: 30 Aug 2011, 04:54 am »
All the crossovers used Sonicaps in all the good places. There is still room for improvements though.

Ah I see. PM coming your way.  :D

PhenomeNhan

• PhenomeNhan Audio Video
« Reply #27 on: 3 Sep 2011, 03:43 am »
I put together a Word document a long time ago when I went through this process.  I don't think I documented any of the polyfill stuff, however.  PM me if you want me to email you the doc.

--Nhan

edoggrc51

« Reply #28 on: 3 Sep 2011, 04:41 am »
I put together a Word document a long time ago when I went through this process.  I don't think I documented any of the polyfill stuff, however.  PM me if you want me to email you the doc.

--Nhan

PM sent