Full review of the Rega RP3 turntable...

TONEPUB

Full review of the Rega RP3 turntable...
« on: 16 Aug 2011, 07:56 pm »
For those interested...

http://tinyurl.com/3wbnp78

Here's the review on the new RP3, with some comparison to the P3-24.

Mortsnets

Re: Full review of the Rega RP3 turntable...
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2011, 08:55 pm »
Nice review!

You note an improved bass but how about overall balance, and midrange "richness" - as you noted the Rega line has a rep of being a little thin, are there improvements over the previous model or comparisons to the competition in this range on this area.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2011, 09:09 pm »
 :thumb: Thx, Jeff/TONEPUB.

TONEPUB

« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2011, 09:34 pm »
There is definitely more richness throughout the range with the RP3.  Sorry for not making that as clear as I should have!

roscoeiii

« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2011, 10:26 pm »
And how about how it compares to the Consonance table you just reviewed? Any chance to A/B them? That Grant Fidelity unipivot tonearm looks pretty sweet.

TONEPUB

« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2011, 01:15 am »
You read my mind!

The Consonance still retrieves a bit more detail, but then again, almost twice the price.  Adding the TT-PSU brings them closer together.  The Consonance also has adjustable VTA as well as allowing you the option of different tonearm wands. 

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #6 on: 17 Aug 2011, 12:09 pm »
How would the Clearaudio Concept fit in here? Saw the link at the bottom of the page. I got the impression that it would outperform the Rega at $1400.

TONEPUB

« Reply #7 on: 17 Aug 2011, 04:43 pm »
Ive passed the Clearaudio on to a staff member, so haven't had time to go head to head yet.  But with the increased performance of the RP3, I'm sure the gap has closed.  Both are really great tables for the respective price.  And the Clear plays 78's!