HRT Music Streamers...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
HRT Music Streamers...
« on: 16 Aug 2011, 04:58 pm »
During the last year we (the wlid bunch here in Albuquerque) have been listening to a lot of DACs.  My personal favorite is still my dB Audio Labs Tranquility SE.  To me, it communicates music better than any other DAC that I have tried.  Yes, they are still in business with new products coming soon and no, they are not "on the ropes" as rumor and innuendo (one person  :roll:  to be precise) would lead some to believe.

I digress.

The surprise around here has been the HRT products: the Music Streamer Pro ($499.00) and the Music Streamer II+ ($349.00).  They are just stupid good for the money.

But wait!!!: there's more -

The Streamers are really good on their own, but are even better after deep cryo treatment.  The soundstage is more focused, they are considerably mor eopen sounding and the frequency extremes are much better than before cryo.  The biggest gain is in the midrange - great texture.

I am selling Cryo Streamers:  $529.00 for the Pro and $379.00 for the II+.  These are exceptional values.  There is a $10.00 shipping charge in addition to the price. 

What about warranty? They are so reliable right out of the box that I am personally offering a one year warranty on them.  That is how much I like the Streamer build quality and HRT as a company.  They build great products RIGHT HERE IN THE USA!  I can't think of a better audio value for the dollar.

Delivery time is about 10 days depending upon availability.  I don't keep them onhand and have to order them in, but this may change depending upon your response to these great products.

Oh, yeah:  For the Music Streamer Pro I offer cryoed 1 meter long TinyXLR to standard XLR or TinyXLR to RCA interconnects for $99.00.  I have Tiny XLR to RCA adapters for $49.00, too.

PM me with any questions.

Dave

« Last Edit: 3 Sep 2011, 05:18 pm by dBe »

roscoeiii

Re: HRT Music Streamers...
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2011, 05:02 pm »
Very interesting Dave, I'm curious on your impressions of how cryo treatment impacts their sound.

The newest HRT II+ just got reviewed in 6moons as well:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/hrt4/1.html

And the 6moons review of the Pro:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/hrt2/pro.html

I really enjoyed both the II+ and Pro when they were in my system. I've since moved on to a Tranqulity DAC (haven't pulled the trigger on the SE yet, but maybe someday...).

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2011, 05:17 pm »
Very interesting Dave, I'm curious on your impressions of how cryo treatment impacts their sound.

I really enjoyed both the II+ and Pro when they were in my system. I've since moved on to a Tranqulity DAC (haven't pulled the trigger on the SE yet, but maybe someday...).
Roscoe, cryoing the Streamers does to the Streamers what cryo always does:  presentation is smoother, fuller, more detail without harshness and frequency extension.  To quote the old audio saw: There is just more there, there.

I like 'em and I'm using the II+ in my office system.

Dave

ebag4

« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2011, 06:36 pm »

Roscoeiii, can you speak to how the HRT units compare to the base Tranquility? (Base Tranquility owner here as well).

Best,
Ed

roscoeiii

« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2011, 06:58 pm »
Ed,

I think that the 6moons reviews cover the HRTs sound pretty well. Meant to mention that in my earlier post. Unfortunately, I had a few other DACs in between the HRTs and the Tranquility so I can't comment on a direct comparison. I did prefer both HRTs to the Bel Canto DAC2 that I had at the time to compare directly. And I prefered the Pro to the II+ due to better detail retrieval. As for the Tranquility, I found that it didn't differ significantly enough from my Weiss DAC2 to warrant keeping the Weiss. Used the sale of that Weiss DAC2 (which I also preferred to the Wyred4Sound DAC2) to get into vinyl, and as many of my 24/96 files were vinyl rips, I didn't worry too much about losing hi-rez capability with the Tranquility.

So probably not the comparison you were hoping for, but that's my DAC story. But overall, I'd say the HRTs are silly good for the money.

ebag4

« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2011, 07:10 pm »
Ed,

I think that the 6moons reviews cover the HRTs sound pretty well. Meant to mention that in my earlier post. Unfortunately, I had a few other DACs in between the HRTs and the Tranquility so I can't comment on a direct comparison. I did prefer both HRTs to the Bel Canto DAC2 that I had at the time to compare directly. And I prefered the Pro to the II+ due to better detail retrieval. As for the Tranquility, I found that it didn't differ significantly enough from my Weiss DAC2 to warrant keeping the Weiss. Used the sale of that Weiss DAC2 (which I also preferred to the Wyred4Sound DAC2) to get into vinyl, and as many of my 24/96 files were vinyl rips, I didn't worry too much about losing hi-rez capability with the Tranquility.

So probably not the comparison you were hoping for, but that's my DAC story. But overall, I'd say the HRTs are silly good for the money.

Thanks for the response,  I appreciate it.

Best,
Ed