Other preamps paired with Bryston amps?

acadie

Re: Other preamps paired with Bryston amps?
« Reply #40 on: 16 Sep 2011, 04:41 pm »
I used a Purity Audio Design Reference linestage with a pair new pair of 7B-SST² I got in July 2011.

Here is a link:

http://www.purityaudiodesign.com/

SoundGame

« Reply #41 on: 16 Sep 2011, 08:14 pm »
I used a Purity Audio Design Reference linestage with a pair new pair of 7B-SST² I got in July 2011.

Here is a link:

http://www.purityaudiodesign.com/

Lovely looking preamp - expensive - how would you characterize it's sound (if it imparts any to the source signal)? 

mike678

« Reply #42 on: 18 Sep 2011, 10:03 pm »
I have run a Spectral DMC30S preamp with the 4BSST amplifier. It was a quite resolute and dynamic sounding a combo.

acadie

« Reply #43 on: 18 Sep 2011, 11:48 pm »

Lovely looking preamp - expensive - how would you characterize it's sound (if it imparts any to the source signal)?

Hard to say... This linestage just sound right with any amplifier I tried with it. To be honest, you would need to try the unit in your own system to be able to answer you question.

Here is a description by Martin De Wolf of Bound for Sound that represent the way I feel about this linestage and it pretty much dead on from my personal experience with it:

"With this preamp what you will hear is a resolution floor as natural and undefiled as music itself. Be it from an FM tuner, reel to reel, or a sophisticated analog/digital front end, five minutes into any listening session will have you hearing, for the first time I think, what seems like the totality of the music. At the micro level of the resolution music spectrum, the Purity Reference reveals shadings, nuance and inner reflections that are common to everyday sounds but seldom, if ever, heard in reproduced music."

acadie